Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by justinf, Jul 22, 2004.

1. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

Okay, I just spliced in part of a line for the rear A/C in my 98 Tahoe. Now, the high side valve is leaking. Does anyone know what type of valve this is and how to replace it? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif I know it's not a schrader (sp?) valve, and so far the only way I can see to replace it is to replace the whole refrigerant line assembly that bolts to the compressor. I don't really want to do this, trying to stay cheap.

So anyone have any ideas? /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. K5 NUTT

K5 NUTT 1/2 ton status

Got a picture? Most if not all except certain imports have serviceable ports...sometimes they are more than a old school schrader valve...might call AAPAK in phx and or your local a/c only parts store..

DW

3. justinf

justinf 1/2 ton status

I figured it had to be serviceable, I'm just not sure what to do to remove the valve, there is a hex portion that looks like it should unscrew, but when I tried, it didn't want to move and the wrench was starting to slip so I quit before tearing it up too bad. I can get some pics tomorrow. I am also planning on making some calls tomorrow to see what I can find out, unless someone here comes through with an idea for me. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif