Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a/c removal

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 76blazerguy, Oct 28, 2005.

1. 76blazerguy

76blazerguy 1/2 ton status

whats the correct method of removing the A/c in a 76 blazer with a 350. I would like to do a quick/cheap job and would also like to keep the heater. The compressor comes out easy enough but what about the rest? Do i need to cap off things?

2. mechted

mechted 1 ton status Premium Member

the PO of my K5 just pulled all the lines, compressor, condensor, and the brackets out of the vehicle... i still have the evap core and the accumulator, some of the wiring that runs to it, but thats about it

as far as the heater still working... i think it does.... havent really run the vehicle enought in the last year to find out for sure :(

3. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the heater 'boxs for ac and nonac truck are different, the quick and easy way it to pul the compressor and leave the box, heater will still work no problem.

i swiched to non ac in my burb, buy grabing the non ac system out of a junker, including the controls and every thing, i then sazalled the fire wall around the heater box, and mounted it on my fire wall and sealed it in place ( the holes in the firewall are different) this pluged my old hole and showed me where to cut the new ones then i just bolted the heater boxs on and hooked up the controls.

the only real problem is that it left 2 smal round holes open, and the power wire for the fan that goes to the swich did not click in to the original conection behind the dash, but i just sit it in there and it stays so its all good