Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C rocks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 24, 2004.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I finally have A/C in my room. THe first floor of the house has central air, the second floor has vents but for some reason the air barely reaches the second floor and doesn't cool it down. Got a window unit last night, best nights sleep I've had in a long time /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

I can appreciate that sled dog, good for you. I like it cooled down at night myself. I like it cold as a meat locker in the pick up at work. Gets hot around here.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I like it freezing, I sleep with a heavy comforter year round. In the winter I leave a window open. If I sweat even in the least I can't sleep, unless I'm REALLY REALLY tired, read into that if you want.

4. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

do have a quad level? they suck even with central air.i like it cold at night but HOT during the day.all these punks around here can't wait for summer and when it gets here they cry (IT'S TOO HOT) waaa. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I can't wait for winter and I never cry about it, I love snow and I love the cold, as long as the heater in the shop works, cause I can't turn a wrench with frozen fingers. Ours is just a brick Cape Cod
    [​IMG]
    My dad's friend owed him a favor and installed the Central Air for us, I think he cheaped out and got a smaller unit than we need, its like half the size of most of the units I see around. You can actually see it to the left of the porch there. My grandparents live in a glorified double wide(modular housing) and they have a bigger unit than we do.

6. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

nice house. a co-worker has a quad level and acually had a larger unit installed and it still doesn't cool the upper part.we've come to the conclusion it's the design of the house.because other peeps with quads say the same thing. my older brother likes it cold also,he drives around in the winter with his windows down.and the heat off /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I do that as well. My mom said something about them giving the me the house(sounds like as of yet it will happen in the future), and I said, fine but getting a bigger air unit first, she said, Why? you can just sleep downstairs and stick your kids upstairs.

8. speedyvision917

speedyvision917 1/2 ton status

ya we have one window unit on our first floor to cool the hole floor, does an ok job, i spend most of my time in the same room as it anyways so i cant complain, except when i go to sleep in my room which is like a sauna