Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A/C wiring problem

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cdh, May 20, 2003.

1. cdh

cdh Registered Member

This weekend I was replacing the heater hoses on my 89 blazer and I somehow pulled a wire off it's connection and I cannot find where it goes. It is the single black wire that splits out of the harness right by the blower motor. I am pretty sure the wire is important because I don't have the high setting on the blower anymore and it is over 100 degrees outside. Thanks for the help.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

look for a connector on the a/c box that is missing a wire...i know its not much help, but i believe it goes to the blower motor speed resistor

3. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Look around the blower motor mounting flange for a spade terminal held on by a blower motor mounting screw. That should/could be where it came from. Sometimes GM ran a blower motor noise supressor inline to the blower motor power feed wire, and it had a black wire on it (sometimes), but more than likely (especially if your blower motor still has its power wire hooked up), it will be your blower motor ground wire. If not, check to see if you have an open terminal on your blower relay, but in '89 all the wires should be in one connector.

4. Blue85

Blue85 Troll Premium Member

With it being a single wire, odds are pretty good it goes to the blower motor.

5. Erich_in_AZ

Erich_in_AZ 1/2 ton status

Do you have a 'low' speed? If you do, but just not high, look for a little rectangular box with some wires plugged in to it right near there. Sounds like you might have pulled it off the relay

6. cdh

cdh Registered Member

I checked the relay on the side of the A/C box and it is not missing any wires. I think that there are two relays on my truck, one for the the high speed and one for the lower speeds. Is this correct? If so where is the second relay?

If the mystery wire is a ground wire, should I just ground it to a bolt on the blower motor, and see it that gives me high speed on the blower?