Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a cheap source for a NEW TBI unit ? anyone know of one ?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by uglychevyZZ4, Oct 2, 2003.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

i need a new TBI unit and cannot find anything other than rebuilt /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif anyone?

2. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

Holley makes a new one, about $330. My throttle shaft is worn so I have also been looking for one.

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

You might try GM. But beings they havent used TBI for quite some time it may be hard to find new units. I really doubt Rochester is even making them any more.
    turbocity.com Has good units they have both stock and high flow modified and all parts you will need. Its all quality GM stuff.
    I wouldn't use Holley Junk.Even on my Ford /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

I picked up a rebuilt TBI for $75 from a local mechanic /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif He paid over $400 to find it wasnt the problem then he couldnt return it because that parts house went out of business.

But after swapping all the parts over to my other TBI because the base casting was different... I would tell you to try buying a rebuild kit and do it yourself. Much simpler than rebuilding a Carb and I have managed to do those before.

5. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

I think this is one of those things that you just half to pay to play, if ya want it to work well /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

6. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

well, ill revive my pproblem post and tell the rest of the story /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif ya i have found a few on ebay used and didnt want a holly-ho rebuilt [​IMG] so im getting one from my work for $165 after my discount. just the injectors are 145 each if ya want decent ones, may as well do it all for that price.

7. bigblock454

bigblock454 Clack Clack Clack Premium Member

What is wrong with Holley?