Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a chevy dealership here is closing, hmmm..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by R72K5, Jul 1, 2005.

1. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

a chevy dealership thats been running since 1928 is closing here, within 30 days even, it is in a really small town 20 miles from here,

i wonder how i could get a hold of old books and manuals and other goodies maybe

i wonder what Gm does with all the parts and books and such

they wont build them a new store since its in a small town/area, GM told the dealership owner it would not be financially responsible

and we all know that GM is having more and more problems with sales and such,

so its closing

this dealership sold to a new owner in 2001, and was renamed

they had an old 78 or so chevy short step wrecker they sold, a guy here in town got it, it ran and drove, it was for like 900 or 1200 i cant remember exactly

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Call them and ask if they'd sell you the items you're after.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Dont hesitate!!

Better go there right away,or at least call and ask what they plan to do with all the stuff youre interested in!--many times all that stuff goes into a dumpster--I've seen them tear down dealerships in my area,and in many cases they did not even empty the building!--the trackhoes smashed everything into bits and it all was loaded into a 18 wheeler dump truck ..a friend and I got 4 car lifts and 6 huge air compressors free!--many other "scavengers" were there taking shelves,tables,hose reels,lube guns,etc!--one guy even took the bathroom sink and some huge plate glass windows from the showroom..

All we had to do was stay out of the way of the demolition crew--we got permission to stay after working hours to unbolt them(even let us use their torches to cut a few!)...they even loaded them into our trucks!..4 of the compressors were the rotary screw type,and were 15HP 3 phase--my friend was going to junk them and sell the "smaller" 7.5 HP ones!..but I asked a few people if they needed a compressor,and within a week I had sold all but one,which was a bit "iffy" as far as its condition...for 500 each! :D ..those 15HP motors alone made my 3/4 ton squat BAD!--we had to make several trips,and take the motors off so I would not kill my truck!--a 2 ton C60 would have been a better choice for moving them!...I wished I had a ramp truck--I could have gotten a drive on lift and an aligenment rack--they would not wait for me to get one there and wrecked it with the trackhoe...I was pissed!.. :mad:

But by all means,DO see if you can get any of the stuff you want!--it wont hurt to ask--many of the guys took OEM GM parts off the shelves they were going to throw out and write off,and sold them on Hemmings or E-bay,and made some decent change!... :laugh: