Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A civilian once again

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pvfjr, Nov 12, 2006.

1. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

That's right, Veteran's Day was my last official day of active duty. Today, I'm unemployed and loving it. Soon, I shall work where I choose, and live where I choose, and all will be well. That is all.

2. TSGB

TSGB 1 ton status

Congrats man! :waytogo:

3. resurrected_jimmy

resurrected_jimmy 1/2 ton status

Congratulations, I hope to be joining you by this time next year. Now get up at 0500 for no reason!!!!! nah, just kiddin' with ya

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

I did that yesterday! I've been burning up all my left over leave the last few weeks. So after getting up even earlier than usual during hunting, the last couple weeks I've been sleeping in every day. Then all of the sudden yesterday I was all caught up on my sleep, and got up at 0500 and felt GOOD. That was the first time that's ever happened. And out of the 4 years in the military, I spent a total of 18 months on swings, and 20 months on graves. Worked 12's a bit, weekends, 13 days straight, etc. A regular 8-5 M-F sounds like a dream, maybe it can happen for me. :laugh:

5. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Congrats. I myself will call myself a former employee on half pay from Uncle Sam 365 days from today. Just think, now Veteran's Day will be your second bday.

6. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Yep. Going in on Veteran's day always made it easy for me to remember my year marks. Now I'll always remember when I got it out too. Makes it an even more special holiday. :D

7. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i used to live in University Place... what a crap hole that has turned into... lol

glad you are now "free," every time i get in gear to be "free" i end up not... lol. some day ill be out... lol
    Grant

8. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

448 days, 11 hours, 9 minutes.

Ohhh yeah.

9. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

congrats man. I know that feeling. I drove home from Cali playing that "Today is the greatest" song in my K5 the whole way... grin from ear to ear. :grin:

j

10. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well I'll be happy to get out of the Tacoma area, that's for sure. Funny thing is, University Place seems like one of the good towns around here. Better than Lakehood anyway; I mean....Lakewood. A guys gotta be careful around here, that ain't something I'm used to. A buddy of mine that I work with went and did his tour in the sandbox, came back without a scratch on him. A couple weeks later, he gets shot twice in Tacoma. :rolleyes: He got lucky though.

One of my biggest issues now is getting my trail rig going again, so I can move. :crazy: I hope I can do it without dropping too much coin, being unemployed and all. Especially after I buy my first welder tomorrow. :haha:

11. Confedneck79K30

Confedneck79K30 3/4 ton status

congrats man, and the rest of you gentlemen and thanks for what you do

12. Jagged

Jagged 1 ton status

Ya know... the military will pay for one move to your Home of Record upon seperating.

13. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

Welcome back to civilian life!

AND THANK YOU FOR SERVING OUR COUNTRY; YOU'RE GREATLY APPRECIATED :bow: :bow: !!

14. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well thanks for the kind words guys.

Though I am happy to move on to something new in life, I don't regret a thing. It was a good experience, and it had it's benefits. I'm pretty desireable to employers now, moreso than college grads in the minds of some. The nice part is, I have absolutely ZERO debt, while a lot of my old classmates have a bunch of student loans and everything. Most of them aren't any farther along than I am either. I think I should be able to get a pretty good job too.

15. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Yep, and I get 6 months to decide where I want to go! :eek1: