Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Co-worker dinged my Show K5!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JK5, Jul 14, 2004.

1. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I was driving my show rig last week to work...
    Since it looked like rain...I went out to zip my windows into my top...
    and I noticed a BIG dig in my door!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I looked at the car next to me...and I saw my paint on the door edge...
    Now...I've never done anything but HELP this person...
    and didn't deserve the disrespect that was handed to me... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I had to pull the door panel and push out the ding..
    and rub-out the door...it took about 2 hours..

I know..she knows..what she did..she coulden't even look at me..when I walked by!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

How would you handle this gutless idiot???? /forums/images/graemlins/ears.gif

2. huntsonora

huntsonora Registered Member

You have to let them know that you know. Make them feel like crap about it and maybe they will learn how to be held accountable for their actions.

If you dont like that idea then you can do what I would do and talk a friggin ball peen hammer to their car. Hail damage would have nothing on me.

Drum

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Is she hot? Maybe she could perform some "personal favors" to make up for the ding... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Drive your Trail K5 to work and put a tire on the hood of her car. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Real politely ask her for her insurence info.

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

not sure of there, but in Oregon parking lots are 50/50 so no one is at fault and both get screwed.

just ask her since she dented your drivers door if you can try to dent her back door /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

7. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

This is exactly why I like very large lift kits, around 20" or so and running 44's. If it is up that high then you don't have to worry about people with their head in their a$$ bashing it up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I would ask her "Do you remember smashing your door on my truck? Did you really think that I would be so stupid as to not notice? Well, hey, thanks for not telling me! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif"

8. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I was on the other side of the coin a couple of years ago......had to run out to the parking lot to get something out of my truck. Another guy's rather new Chevy truck, and he took very good care of it, was parked pretty close to me so I was holding the door partially open while I reached in. A big gust of wind pushed the door out of my hand and slammed into the other truck........didn't even leave a mark on my truck but left a nice scratch and ding on his.

Initially it's a pretty bad feeling going up to somebody and telling them you did something stupid, but in the long run I feel much better about myself. My insurance covered the repairs and under the circumstances I didn't even have to pay a deductible /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Drive your Trail K5 to work and put a tire on the hood of her car. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I like this idea /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

10. Cmoe

Cmoe 1/2 ton status

I'ld ask her if my truck door blow open and hit her car? And tell her she is lucky that you were able to repair the damage and not have to go through insurance companies to repair it.

I hate people that don't care about other peoples belongings. Just let her know that what goes around comes around carma always repays each of us in it's own way!

11. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

I'd say to her in a polite and understanding voice,

Hey, ya know I know you dinged my blazer and I understand doodoo occurs, However, I would appreciate if you would buy me a case of beer (substitute what you feel would be compensation) for my time in fixing it and not going to insurance and causing a rate increase for you.

Now dependant on how she answers that would determine my next response. If she says yeah no problem and I'm really sorry and I should have fessed up right away then i'd be satisfied.

If she says I didn't do it or tries to weasel out I'd park on her car the next time I had the trail rig in the parking lot.

12. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

I had a guy last year ding my truck with his door, and he sat there digging in his car while the door rubbed a spot of paint off. So I proceded to run up on him and scare the living [darn] out of him by telling him I am going to cram his $5000 stereo system up his ass and if I ever see him again I will kick his ass. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif That worked pretty well for me, but then again it was some punk ass kid that went to my school. Yeah if it would have been a women, I pb would have just told her to be more careful in the future. If I were you, I would just let her that the jig is up and you know what happened and what she expects to do about it. If she is really sincere and upset about it, just shrug it off.

Remington

13. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Is she hot? Maybe she could perform some "personal favors" to make up for the ding... /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Now thats a better idea!!! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

14. TruckNutzDude

TruckNutzDude 1/2 ton status

The same crap happened to me a month ago when I bought my new truck. Some bimbo in an old mustang with white spray paint put a nice dent in my cab corner and left a nice white scratch on it. I didn't say anything since I can't prove it was her (I didn't see any of my paint on her spray bombed car.. probably because of all the rust around the doors /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif) anyways, the dent and scratch are still there since I don't know of a good way to remove them. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

15. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Give her a private lesson on how to properly open her "back" door. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

16. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I say walk up to her vehicle and put a bat through the windshield and say... OOPS DID I DO THAT????? /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

17. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

the wost of it it was your show truck i hate the amount of [darn] that has happened to my rig, why because i dont go buy a new car/truck ever 18 months meens denting the hell out of my truck is ok?? /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

i hate it so muck i have a couple of good dings in my drivers door, and when i had it parked and was trying to sell my burb, some one keyed the hood!!!!! my nice crisp hood, and some ass wipe knifed the wire that feeds the dash from the starter!!!!!! i don't know why , prob to come and get it for cheap of something asshat if i ever found him. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    Drive your Trail K5 to work and put a tire on the hood of her car

[/ QUOTE ] i was going to say that. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

let it go if she apologises for it you got it uout right?

if she denies it demand her insruance unless she pays you body shop rates for fixin it /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

18. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

Sometimes respect and good morals are so hard to come by these days.

-Chris

19. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I'd just return the favor and kick her car.

20. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I'd just return the favor and kick her car.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...ALL GOOD ANSWERS!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

But...I really don't wanna go off and turn into the BAD guy here!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

I kinda like Z3PR's idea of calmly asking for insurance info..

But since I spent a couple hours working on her vehicle during the winter
    (so she could get into her FORD Bronco)..
    and didn't charge her...
    I was considering...saying..
    "I changed my mind about fixing your Bronco for FREE!!!" /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif