Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a color question (paint)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Jul 10, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

i know its all a matter of oppinion but is baby blue an unmasculine color? several guys have said something negitive i realy dont care im painting it baby blue anyway (actualy its called hawaiian blue and an original color in 1977)

balzer

2. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

well i don't know the color you speak of but if you must go blue my favorite blue has always been GM Corporate blue just my opinion you should check it out you may like it. ;)

3. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

So basically your asking if people are going to point and laugh at you after you paint it that color ?

The answer is ------> I have seen a few woman driving trucks like that :haha: :haha:

4. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

hey now my blazer is sky blue

5. 72k5junky

72k5junky Newbie

its a good color

ive got a baby/sky blue on mine and got a few comments about it being "pretty" so i painted a black stripe along the bottom edge of the truck and up and over the wheels wells and it really looks sharp!

6. 83_k10

83_k10 Registered Member

I don't know if you are married or involved but I have a almost baby blue 1987 Cavalier Z-24 and the amount of chicks that wanted to ride in it and loved it because of it's color were unbelievable it's blue with black molding along the side, a black spoiler under the front(factory) and a black spoiler on the trunk(also factory) fun car great color.I would say go for it it'll look good!

7. johnnyclueless

johnnyclueless Registered Member

My 78 is baby blue with black - looks good - I wouldn't sweat the color

8. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

baby bloo...

When I repainted my Chevy Van with Ford tractor blue,which is more like a sky blue color from its original "solid blue",a few of my female friends loved the color--its between sky blue and tourquiose....my favorite color is blue,but I have had many other colors on my vehicles--black,red,yellow,orange,green,and a few "neaopolitan" primer spotted rigs!..

I'm not sure if blue is considered a "fairy" color,like pink would be--I would not drive a purple vehicle around here,or a pink one either(unless you work for Mary Kay Cosmetics!)..I'd say other than those 2 colors,nobody will claim you are light in your loafers...unless you have a rainbow bumper sticker on it... :rolleyes: :haha:

Not long after I painted my van,I took it to a local library to do some research and use their computer....when I came out,someone wrote in the dust on the back door " Its a BOY!!".. :haha: :haha: ---a few days later I saw a purple van similar to mine--and someone had written "BARNEY" above the bumper in the dirt on the back doors.... :crazy:

9. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

lol at boy and barney

heh

baby/sky blue is great i love the color and ive had a billion different vehicles that color even my 82 trans am was originally silver blue metallic which is a light sky blue color

had a 77 nova coupe the same color,
    and an 83 caprice and a few 67-72 trucks, late 80s-90 cavaliers, and so forth, and even my 71 dually was a medium/dark sky(smurf) blue originally so it wil be painted sky blue too just like the trans am will be

good color,

chick magnet color

more plusses than negatives

never hear any negative comments about the color around here, ever

my eyes are blue, i never hear "oh your eyes are wuss colored" comments,

so i dunno :confused:

heh that smiley is light blue too..

good luck

10. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

If you build it badass enough, people will tremble in fear no matter what the color. Make it how YOU want it, don't worry about what other people think.

11. blazerpro79

blazerpro79 1/2 ton status

mine is red but came stock baby blue and i love it. women love it too, but some men that secretly question their sexuality may make fun... just to try to convince themselves they are not gay... :haha:

12. mr_blasto

mr_blasto 1/2 ton status

I had a baby blue 1960 dodge dart which was pretty cool. I have always thought baby blue cars were pretty pimp. One of my best friends has a light blue '73 bronco, and every girl I know that has seen it says it is their dream car. That being said, I personally wouldn't consider doing that to my blazer, but to each his own.

13. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

+pics

thanx guys i did some watchin around town and there are only about 2-3 light/baby/sky blue vehicles around my town so im deff.going to paint it hawaiian blue its the calico primered truck seen here daily driver the bumpers and trim are getting painted true blue witch is as blue as it gets

14. blazerpunk

blazerpunk 1/2 ton status

It's not pink. :dunno:

I like light blue ,woulden't put it on my K5 but 'might look good