Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a couple of questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by George_Pimpdaddy, Jul 11, 2005.

1. George_Pimpdaddy

George_Pimpdaddy 1/2 ton status

i have a 89 blazer full size with a rebuilt 355 and a 700r4 backed with a np241. anyways my speedo gear got shreaded up in the transfer case and since then once i got driving for alittle while probaly about 5-10 min or sometimes even longer i have the check engine light soon pop on i was wondering if that was a direct link to not having a speedo signal?? sometimes it will even go off the truck seems to run great no idea how fast your going :haha: i also had the timing checked and all was good.
    Also i took a look at my front driveshaft and the cv joing has a bit of slop in it so i pulled it out before i lost it and was wondering what my best option is for repairing it i have put new u joints in the rear is it the same idea and are the u joints in the cv any different same as the one at the front of the shaft? Is there a method to removing the u joints in the cv?
    i also belive that the slip yoke is a bit loose like the teeth inside are wearing down but not on the shaft, how much for a new yoke?
    anyways just some questions that i had thanks and i love this website :bow:
    [​IMG]
    thanks

Last edited: Jul 12, 2005
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

More than likely that's a VSS code. Pull them/it and post up what code(s) there are. Injection looks for VSS for multiple reasons. Speedo cable needs to turn for the ECM to see that signal.

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

:thumb: NOW THATS A MUDDY TRUCK!