Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A couple of questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by yunit, Oct 9, 2001.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

Vehicle specs:
    1987 Jimmy
    shackle flip in the rear, no blocks or taller springs
    4" tough countries in the front with a d60

1. I have removed the perches on my 14 bolt, I have everything marked out, but was wondering if I should leave the perch at the same degree or move it up or down? Should I put a load on the axle before I tac the perch to the axle or just let it hang? I saw the guys on TRUCKS just let axle hang and they just pointed the pinion at the transmission and welded the perches on. Is this the correct thing to do?
    2. Will I need to get a hybrid u-joint for my front axle or do the 10 bolt and 60 use the same size yoke?

All comments and ideas are welcome. Later.

1987 Jimmy Sierra Classic, Palisades Park, NJ 07650

2. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

you will need the hybrid u-joint unless you got the driveshaft out of the 14FF donor vehicle. as for pinion angle, i havent got a clue.

3. Ryeguy

Ryeguy 1/2 ton status

Load the suspension to normal ride height before setting the pinion angle and making the perches permanent. Don't, and you'll (likely, unless you're very lucky) need either shims or the cutting torch again.

--Rob

4. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

Here is what I did but I am not running the flip yet. Since I have rear blocks and add-a -leaf I set the perch level before I cut them off. Once I had them cleaned up and in the new position I leveled them again but instead of the bubble being in the middle of the 2 lines I set it to the line that would turn the pinion up just a hare more. The blocks are already angeled and the little extra should help for the add-a-leaf. If I need any more then that I will use a shim. I should know in a few days if it all worked out.[​IMG]

See <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/Waynes-Toy>Project Mighty Mouse</a> here.
    <font color=blue>Wayne<font color=blue>
    <font color=blue>Happy Trails<font color=blue>