Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a dodge im my future (1985)

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by original balzer, Feb 9, 2005.

1. original balzer

original balzer 1/2 ton status

well i have to buy this dodge its a 1985 3/4 ton long bed reg cab 360 standard trans the reason i have to buy it is the fact that it is my uncles baby and only has 800miles since a *TOTAL* restoration thing is i dont know much about dodges can anyone tell me what to expect even though this truck is basicaly brand new also some popular mods please

willow

2. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I like late dodges myself and would love to help you but unfortunately my knowledge on pre 1994's is a little scarce. I'm sure someone else can help though.:)

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

from what I have been around those year dodges, they are tough as hell, run forever, and ride like a friggin' tank... get ready to drive it for the rest of your life and pee blood once a week from the kidney punch it will give you when you hit a pot hole!!:grin: :grin:

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

My dad had a 79 and a 84 , both shortbox 1/2 tons . The 79 had then state of the art BFG's and white wagons , the 84 got BFG's too and updated chrome wagons . Nice old trucks , the 79 was stolen in Jan 83 , we came to AZ and he bought the 84 new in Sept. , drove it until 91 and it always smelled new . They sat pretty high from the factory if they were 4x4's , at least to a kid who loved his dad :)

5. hunterguy86

hunterguy86 1/2 ton status

My first truck was a 1979 3/4 ton dodge adventurer. It was extended cab, long wheel base w/ a 360 v-8 and a 3 speed automatic. I have great memories of that truck ( like it was so long ago). I will never forget the hrs i spent workin on it w/ my dad.

Sorry that was off topic but thanks for the recolection guys.