Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Dollar Bill

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gokartergo, Apr 10, 2003.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

A Dollar Bill

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Pretty cool. I forgot most of that information. Thanks for reminding me. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

John

4. potato76

potato76 1/2 ton status

i never knew most of that info.what do i go to school for?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

very cool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Urban Legend, not entirely factual. I think some of the statements are assumptions or incorrect self-studies that are not represented correctly as such.

I would find it hard to believe that with all the representive meaning the designers were going for with these symbols, they would have based thier knowledge and usage of them simply on generalized explanations, such as the all seeing eye being "an ancient symbol for divinity". The all seeing eye is largely beleived to be originally from egyption religion (note the unexplained "light" radiating from eye, a common symbol derived from sun worship), as the eye of Horus or Osirus. Think Powerslave by Iron Maiden...
    The pyramid should be an obvious loaner from Ancient Egyption religion...

On a side note, I've also heard that the shape that the grouping of stars form is the star of David, to thank the Jews for thier contributions to the Revolutionary war...

I've seen a page that examines this text more closely and clears it up with info from official records. I have to see if I can find it, it was interesting.