Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Fast question about what engine do i have??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cannibal, Apr 8, 2003.

1. cannibal

cannibal Registered Member

heya all,

just wanna ask a fast Q about what engine type i have, i run a 78 K5 which used to have a V10 engine 7.2L that was major, but the stupid cops and rules in this place forbid this kinda engine, they say TOO BIG for civilian use /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif, anyway
    now i have a V8 4.5L and it's a BLUE engine, what is that??? a 305 or 350 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif?????

Thanx /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. prerunner1982

prerunner1982 1/2 ton status

this is an interesting subject.. was your truck sold new in jordan? GM never put a v10 7.2 in anything, thats what.. a ford? ok.. a 4.5l v8?? is that another ford? as i dont think GM has those either atleast not in the states? i dont have my ltr to cid conversion in front of me.. but that what about, 270-275cid? 305=5.0ltr 350=5.7ltr

sorry we couldnt be much help, but i believe that if the k5 was sold new in jordan that that could be the problem, or maybe the previous owner.. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

3. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

well if it was a 305 or 350 it would be either a 5.0 or 5.7 stock..is the engine "straight" instead of two cyl. covers on each side liek a v-8?

4. 4x4Freak

4x4Freak 1/2 ton status

4.5L=273.2CI
    7.2L=437CI

Dodge V10 is 8.0L and Ford is 6.8L

Do you have any pics of the engine? That would help a lot.