Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a few CAGE QUESTIONS?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by deek, Mar 11, 2004.

1. deek

deek 1/2 ton status

I'm currently replacing my front floor pans in my 73' & will soon be adding a cage. So my Question is what steps should i take to make my floor stiffer? or does it even matter. Should the tube go straight through the floor & support box? or should i just weld to a peice of plate on the floor board? Some pics would be great.

Also I havent decided if i want to take my cage through the dash or just come down in front of it, I imagine that this would change my mounting point. Any insight would be a great help?

2. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

it really depends how much time you are willing to spend. We threw my cage together in 1 night and 2 days. So we did not have time to get 2-plane bends, or run it to the frame, etc. Here's some pics.

I know somepeople that hole saw their floor run the tube through the floor and have a hollow rubber stopper sort of thing that fills up the space between the tube and floor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]