Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few different questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Pvt. Maggot, Mar 30, 2007.

1. Pvt. Maggot

Pvt. Maggot 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,

I just got my new edelbrock top end kit, intake, carb, ect. I was wondering if I need to buy a special adapter to fit the gm kickdown cable, when my old carb was stolen, they ripped the end off the cable, I was going to crimp something onto the end of the cable and try and do a little retro fit, anyone have any pics possibly?

Second question, I seem to have wiring issues. I have not gotten to go over the wiring as I was waiting to get my carb, but before when I have the old setup, It would turn over but would not fire, I ran a wire from the distributor to the battery..and it ran fine. of course its not right, so I have some wiring to look over, anyone have any suggestions on what it could possibly be? I was thinking I could possibly have something wired wrong, but I changed the distributor to a non vac advanced because it started one day, and then lost all spark, and the old dist was beat, so I swapped it, and still nothing. I hate wiring hah...anyone have any diagrams? our sun machine is down at tech or I could look it up in a sec. but yeah..so thanks in advance. :)

One last quick question.
    Before I did my lift, I never noticed any tranny fluid leak, nothing. After I installed my 4" lift, and pulled the shafts some to fit them, I've been noticing it leaks, too much for my liking, not quite sure what it could possibly be? I don't think its the tranny pan, although I think i'm gonna pickup a new filter for it and gasket just in case..any ideas, I checked the underside, and it seems almost like it was coming from different spots, hard to really tell, i'm gonna throw it on the rack and check better, if its not one thing...its every little thing...hah..

Thanks!
    Jack

2. Pvt. Maggot

3. Pvt. Maggot

Nobody has any ideas?