Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few hopefully not dumb questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 89K5guy, Jul 14, 2005.

1. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

I just got back from PA where i bought my 89 K5.I was a little disappointed in the amount of rust found on it as compared to how the PO described it but oh well.Anyway here are my questions if you guys want to answer.
    1.Did the K5s ever offer a dual front shock setup from the factory not the steering stabilizer?
    2.All the previous K5s i have owned were pre fuel injected/ECM.This K5 has dual exhaust w/headers and cats.I noticed that the passenger side tail pipe
    was really black inside but the driver side looked good.What do think?The SES
    light comes on after the vehicle reaches temp.I checked the codes 32,44 .
    If the EGR is bad, would that cause one side of the exhaust to carbon up more than the other?
    3.The rust issue! Where is the best place to buy floor pans,cargo area pans
    body panels etc?
    4.Besides a shift kit,is there any other way to adjust trans shift firmness?I used to own an 87 Iroc that had the adjustable trans cable.Are the trans
    cables adjustable on the Blazers?
    Any help you could give would be deeply appreciated :D

2. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

There are no stupid questions, only unasked ones. If you don't know, ask. Someone here will help you. You may get told to use the seaerch function a few times, but for the most part, people here are freindly and helpful. Welcome to the addiction! :wink1:

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

yes they did

try lmc www.lmctruck.com

what tranny is in it?

4. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Someone else will answer the injected engine questions .

As for the tranny I assume its a 700r4 , it doesn't get blatantly adjusted . That cable controls line pressure in the tranny , it needs to be adjusted properly . There are components you can buy to firm it up . Doing it at the cable runs the risk of doing damage in the long run .

http://www.tciauto.com/instructions/gm_tv_cable_adjust.htm

5. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, really? Please inform me. I am always looking for new/better info for the 700-R4's. I have one and have had it rebuilt as bullet proof as possible, but I am always looking for info on them. :cool:

6. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I clicked the link. That is info I knew already, but you mentioned aftermarket parts? More info please.

7. 89K5guy

89K5guy 1/2 ton status

Thanx for the quick replies.I think i am gonna love this website! :bow:

8. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Yes you will. Like I said. It's an addiction! :D

9. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I was refering generically to aftermarket parts . The first Google search did turn up on page one links to stuff like the boost valves from TCI , and their Trans Scat kit , the internet is easy :D

10. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You may have one old exhaust pipe, and one new one. Check to see if you can see any signs that the one clean exhaust pipe has been recently replaced.

11. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

Lmc will have these parts and will ship them fast, the only thing i dont like about them is that they arent very thick. They will definately work but if it isint that big of a rusted are and you have access to a welder i would weld some sheet metal in where it needs it.

welcome to ck5

12. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

13. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dual exhaust (with or without cats) was not an option on your vehicle, which is probably why the exhaust looks different. If you crawl under, the old pipe was probably modifed to do away with the stock Y pipe.

EGR wouldn't cause that, it's equal to both sides of the engine. Depending on how the exhaust was run, the O2 sensor can only "see" one side of the engine, so if something is horribly wrong on the opposite side cylinder head, the ECM will never "know".

Hope you don't have to pass a visual emissions check, dual cats are going to be something that needs changed if so. (but only if the emissions testing place actually bothers to use federal emissions guidelines)