Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few more questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Doug, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Doug

Doug Registered Member

Sep 1, 2001
    On my '85, without taking the door panel apart, does the outside mirror come off with the screw on the bottom of the mount? I also have what looks like a air filter inside my air filter that is attached the the filter housing. What is it? Lastly, I didn't have time before work to measure it, anyone know what size fuel hose attaches to the carb? May seem simple or basic, but most of my experience is with Jeeps and a '93 Suburban. Thanks again...

'85 k5, 350, 700r4, np208, 10 bolts, as of 10/2001; wish list is extensive.
  2. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Dec 16, 2000
    Yup... that screw will let you get the mirror off... however to get the base it attaches too you will have to remove the door panel to get that off. Not sure exactly what you mean on the air filter...? Do you mean it wraps around the filter like a prefilter? Or is it a smaller? That'd be the crankcase filter.... as for the hose size, I'm at work and can't remember and can't check it because the Blazer is at home... if you need one like now any auto parts store would be able to look it up and tell you if you asked.... [​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>Steph's Webpage</a>
    Suck Fumes Ford Boy
    &lt;&gt;&lt; PSALMS 23 &gt;&lt;&gt;
  3. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Take the torx head screw off. Pull the bottom of the base out a bit (it has spring clips that help retain it) then once it clears the piece that the torx screw threads into, you can push the cover up the mirror shaft. There are 3 bolts that hold the mirror to the door. Panel removal is not necessary IIRC, as all three bolts are on the outside, (10mm??) and the factory used a type of rivet-nut combo on the door skin, so the nut SHOULDN'T spin. They can though, then door has to come apart.

Don't believe you would have anything like remote mirror, so nothing that I didn't cover. If replacing the mirror, get a true Stainless replacement. Factory was stainless, cheap aftermarket is chromed and rusts.

Prefilter is part of the Evap emissions system, (contains charcoal) you can remove it. Its glued to the bottom of the air cleaner really well (at least mine was) so either some mild heat, or careful razor blade/screwdriver action will cut the adhesive.

Use steel fuel line to the carb unless you want to risk burning the truck up. IMO.

My tech/links page: <a target="_blank" href=http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html>http://www.dorianyeager.com/index2.html</a>
    No anti-theft measures on your truck? No pity when its stolen