Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few progress pics of the blazer?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by camok5, Jan 5, 2006.

1. camok5

camok5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The new bumper a friend and I built
    [​IMG]
    Got the doubler in and had a friend build me a crossmember with a removable skid plate
    [​IMG]
    It sticks down a little more then I wanted but will work for now
    [​IMG]
    Welded my anti-wrap solid because I bent the top bar
    [​IMG]
    Can you say FREE winch, its a Ramsey 8000. Its going on the bumper with some KC's as soon as I have some free time
    [​IMG]

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

looking awesome, doubler setup does seem to hang a little low. NOW shave that 14 bolt!

3. camok5

The doubler really cant go any higher because of no body lift, but down the road I would like to make a better crossmember with more clearence. As for the 14 bolt I plan on shaving it but I have to figure out what to do with the MOO diff cover which is also tied into the axle truss.

4. Inu-Hanyou1776

Inu-Hanyou1776 1/2 ton status

Noticed you're running the stock "straps & bolts" 1350 U-joint setup on the 14b. Take a look at this:

HAD 1410 Yoke Kit

Upgrades rear u-joint to a 1410, and eliminates the "straps & bolts" yoke setup.

5. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

I love that front bumper!

6. doctor4x4

doctor4x4 1/2 ton status

Hey camo

sorry for jumping in on the post guys just trying to touch base with camo
    trying to reach you as i have a D60 but your email is turned off
    catch me at my reguler email
    doctor4x4@hotmail.com
    hope allis coolin your world

R

7. camok5

I know I need to upgrade the U-joint setup but I always carry extra u-joints and straps. Besides its a good weak link because its easy and cheap to fix.

I couldnt decide when building the bumper if it should be more prerunner style or like the ORD style so I kinda put the two together.:D Its not finnished yet either, I still have to add mounts for the KC's and put the winch on. Also I want to add a support bar between the outside of the bumper and where its attached to the frame.

8. noahrob

noahrob 1/2 ton status Author

Looks good, now come over this weekend and help me finish my flugster and we can go break em!

9. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

i just ordered the 1410 yoke from them, cant wait to get it so i can finish my 14ff build.

camok5, rig looks real nice. did you make the anti wrap or is that also a moo unit? since you have there truss and diff cover im assuming the anti wrap is theres too. i have a few Q's, are you happy with it? you said you bent the top bar. how? happy with the funtion and design? or would you go with a different design? i have the moo truss and 14ff cover, im selling the truss. i bought a crane cover instead and im building my own designed truss. theres will do but i will build a much better truss. i hate the fact that you have to remove the truss to do a gear swap and that intails removing my shocks since mine will be attached to the truss clamp ends. also i want to run a DIY pinion guard. im going to use 1 1/4 x 1/4 wall DOM tube for the truss to lighten it up a bit, still will be plenty strong enough. i think the solid bar is WAY OVERKILL. I know some guys say you dont need a truss with a 14ff but i want one anyways. only thing is i do like the over the top anti wrap idea as long as it funtions well. thanks for any feed back.

10. camok5

Yes the anti-wrap is MOO also and no I wasnt happy with it at first. The problem I had with it was because its a bolt in kit and had to be cut to the right lenght. This made it to weak because all the stress was on the bolts and not spread out over the whole unit which allowed the bottom bar to hit the top one and bent it. Also I had to build my own cross bar that attached to the front because the one that came with it would never have fit above the cv joint without being modified. I sent the anti wrap bar back to them when it bent and they welded it solid for me:D but when I got it back the angle was off and it didnt line up with the truss so I had to shim it to make it work.:( I think there kit works good but it was more of a universal kit then a direct bolt on one.

As for there axle truss I agree about it being a pain if you ever want to work on your rear end. Because the thing is all once peice you have to take everything off to even change your pinion housing seal:doah:. My plan is to actually cut it in a few places and make it bolt together so it will be in three pieces instead of one.

11. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

that is what im going to do from scratch, that way i wont be limited to its shape and trying to "make it work". i've allready started on it so it will be done probably this weekend hopefully. i will post some pics if i finish it up.