Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a few questions about roll controll or line lock

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Seventy4Blazer, Sep 3, 2002.

1. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

ok, i am getting all the parts together to put in my 465.
    will roll controll work when my truck is not started or running?
    also, what is split diagonal braking system? and does my 74 blazer have it?
    thanks, grant

2. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

To answer your first question, yes the line lock will work when the engine is off, but to take full potential of it, you must engage it with the engine on...That way you use your power booster to get the highest line pressure possible and then lock the line and turn off the engine...A word of caution, however, leaving the line lock on for extended periods of time can really shorten the life of your caliper piston seals...I would not use the line lock as a parking brake over night too often...Personally, I like the MICO line lock systems...very nice stuff...
    Oh and no clue on the second question... /forums/images/icons/blush.gif /forums/images/icons/confused.gif
    Chris

3. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

what's so great about the MICO system and where would i get one?

4. hawglet

hawglet 1/2 ton status

Diagonial split brakes are exactly that instead of spliting front to back they right split left front-right rear and right front-left rear. Your 74 probably doesn't have them unless somebody did some work with it to change it, as far as I know none of the K5's had this system on them from the factory. Sorry, but really unless your planning on losing pressures it's not that big of a deal for ya.

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I use Mico's Lever-Lock with my 465. www.mico.com is there website but they don't sell direct, atleast they didn't when I was in hte market. I like the lever style over the pushbutton only because with the lever you can ease off the brake, were as the button it is On or Off no inbetween. And yes don't use the line lock for long periods of time. The pressure will decrease in time and may alow your rig to roll. Plus the seal issue too!
    Good Luck

6. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

Burt, that link doesnt work. ill do a search for them to find it though. thanks.
    i am just looking at line locks. i knida miss having one. i had one on my chvelle. line lock is the lazy mans red ligth soloution....
    ok, the link does work... just not when you click on it...
    i am also trying to figure out what i can do for turning brakes by using hydraulics only. no cables.
    this is going to be a big Brake re work, i can already sense it...
    thanks all for your help.
    grant