Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few questions (wiring and such) Pics added**

Discussion in '1969-1972 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 70jimmy, May 11, 2005.

1. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    1. Where is the windshield washer fluid pump located on a first gen? Mine was taken apart and that may have been left behind somewhere. I dont even have the squirter tubes sticking out anymore.

2. Under the hood by driver's side front headlight on the core support is an electrical box that a plug with 4 wires connected to it. On the lower side is a small condenser? with a short wire coming out and a place for a wiring blade to be inserted. What should this wire be connected to??

3. Oval shaped hole in firewall just left of where accelerator connects to firewall and right of where steering column enters firewall it is 1 and 3/4" wide and 2 and 1/8 tall. What goes here???

4. On firewall under hood there are 2 rubber grommets one above the other. Top one has a wire that runs to taillight area bottom one looks like it should have a wire but doesnt. What do these control or power? They are located just above and toward driver's side of back of fuse block.

5. Green wire that comes out of back of fuse block, upperleft side if you look at it from under the hood. It has full power with switch on. Any help appreciated.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  2. OLD DAWG

OLD DAWG 1/2 ton status

I'll do some checking on mine and see what might still be there to compare to. I think the hole in the firewall is where the clutch rod came thru on the manual version. Good luck :D

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

1= Location is up inside the dash next to the wiper motor.

2= Sounds like the external regulator for the alt. and the lil condesor is nois suppresion I belive..guessing on this one

3= Yup Clutch rod hole

4= sounds like the spedo cable hole? Get pics if you can...I may have pics of mine somewere I will look???

5= Green? Hmmmm coil positive maby..duno

4. JIMs70K25

JIMs70K25 1/2 ton status

5. For the horn, maybe.

5. 3 on the tree

3 on the tree 1/2 ton status

Just went and popped the hood on my 70. The green wire goes to a relay mounted just to the right of the heater box. This relay also has a red wire and a blue wire, bundled with the green one. Only these 3 wires go to this relay. The big oval hole is where my clutch rod comes through the firewall. Hope this helps. Mine does not have a condensor coming off the volt reg like yours does, but there are 3 ground wires connected to the front bulkhead just above the regulator.

6. 3 on the tree

#4- on my beast, that's where the factory hardline for the oil pressure gauge makes its way.This is a 250 6 cyl, so I imagine things are different with a V8.

7. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

I found a pic or two. Look how different your throttle is from my 72:
    [​IMG]
    Here is my clutchrod hole, I converted to Hydro so the rod is removed:
    [​IMG]
    Speedo cable on inside using the bottom hole in your "Two Hole pic"
    [​IMG]
    This pic is awful dark, but if you can locate the fusebox back(unpluged) you can see I used the top hole for my Lever Lock lines then the bottom home is were my spedo cable come thru, oh and the maste cylinder for my hydro setup
    [​IMG]

8. 70jimmy

3 on the tree so the relay that the green wire goes to is that on the engine side or the interior??By relay are you talking the plug on the interior. Sorry I hate wiring!.

3 wires connected to the bulkhead above the regulator. Thanks that helped!!

#1 answered cool.

#2. So if I have an internal one wire alternator I can get rid of the condenser??????????

#3 Clutch rod hole, That will come in handy on a rig with an auto.

#4 Hmm still wondering. Sounds like they are all a little different. My hard line for oil is off to the left toward center and speedo cable is off to the right.

#5 Still working on it. Horn is already powered and I tried the green wire but no workie for the horn. Coil positive well I swapped to HEI a while ago and the fitting is for a blade. Well I guess I have power for something. :grin:

thanks for the replies and the pics!!

9. Yukon Jack

Yukon Jack 1/2 ton status

You should be able to find a cover of some type that I believe the auto trucks have to cover the clutch hole.

10. 70jimmy

Cool I will do some checking on some parts trucks I have access to.

11. 3 on the tree

I took some pics, will post as soon as I can. The relay is mounted on the firewall, just to the right of theheater box. The empty rubber grommet in your pic, has a pink/faded red wire coming through it that appears to go to the same relay, it looks like the other end plugs into the fuse block in the radio slot. I took pics of all, including the ground wires above the voltage regulator. Should have them posted by 10pm Rocky time, 5/14/05.

12. 3 on the tree

Here's the pics I took. Hope it helps.

blazer pictures 001.jpg

blazer pictures 007.jpg

blazer pictures 003.jpg

blazer pictures 004.jpg

blazer pictures 006.jpg