Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few Questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 76JIMMYWPG, May 1, 2002.

1. 76JIMMYWPG

76JIMMYWPG Registered Member

I just bought my 76 Jimmy a month ago and have been learning more on this page than I do in school, now the questions I have are... Xenon or Bushwacker flares? What is the best looking soft top out there (i'm not big on drilling)? Is anyone located in canada and possibly selling parts?Are there any good suppliers in Canada?(to avoid paying $$$ for shipping and duty)

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i like the xenon's, but i think the bushwackers stand up better.
    dont know bout canada places as in i am in US. and for soft tops also same thing. dont have on. i like the one steve fox has though. the fast track i think.
    grant

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

I find if there is a Canadian distributor they generally screw you worse than the shipping would have cost you. I like to support local business when I can, but I'm not independantly wealthy so I shop online now and then.

If you're reasonably close to the US border get a shipping address at a border town and bring the new item across into Canada yourself. There is no duty as long as the product is made in the USA, but you will have to pay GST.

I'd check the Specialty Tops Fast-Trac top. Nice top and less drilling than the old style. As far as I know Steve will be selling them through CK5 soon...

Save the middle man and order direct, it will save you money.

Rene (Vancouver, B.C.)

4. 76JIMMYWPG

76JIMMYWPG Registered Member

I know I am asking again, BTW thanks! But is there any opinions out there on what is better for fender flares, i dont go off road too much, but I have the option of Xenon or bushwacker, and I'm not sure which are better, durability, warranty, etc!