Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a few questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sosamantx, May 11, 2002.

1. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

alright, some of these (i'm sure) are trivial for you all, and i know have been posted, however i'm just trying to get some info.

1) the little vent windows on the driver and passenger door, is there a kit i can buy to fix the locking mechanism??
    2) does your glovebox lock?? mine just has the knob with no cut-out for the key.
    3) can i just get a hammer and try and fix this dent in my bumper (like a soft blow hammer)?? also, the grill that i have is a little rusted, what can i use to clean it (scotch-brite maybe??)

http://sosaman.home.texas.net/blazergrill.jpg

4) what kind of transfer case do i have, or where do i look to tell, or get info??

http://sosaman.home.texas.net/blazertcase.jpg

5) how hard is it to remove and replace the transmission (700R4) on blazers?? i've done it many times in my chevelle, nova, etc., etc., but i've never dealt with the transfer case.

anyway, thx for any (or none) help that i might receive!! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. chris672

chris672 1/2 ton status

I bought a new lock for my glove box and it came with a new key. I think I got it form eitherCheyenne parts or classic industries. I checked your profile but didnt see the year of your blazer. There should be a round metal tag on your t-case with a 208, 205 or maybe something else.
    Hope this helps a little.

3. sosamantx

sosamantx 1/2 ton status

thx, i've only had the blazer running for maybe a month now?? i just forgot to changed my bio (it's done also).

4. Robbyj56

Robbyj56 Registered Member

hey man... i had to replace my vent window mechanisms... if all you need is the roll pin, to keep it tightened down you can get that at any hardware store. but if you want the whole kit, with all new hardware like the nob and everything just go to the local chevy dealer... thats what i did, i think it was around 30 bucks. the part numbers are 15617125 or 15617126... i think one is the right one is the left. see ya man

5. pfloydmaster

pfloydmaster 1/2 ton status

You can get the locking mechs (complete kit) and a glovebox lock at www.ChevyDuty.com.
    Hope this helps.

6. 1979Jimmy

1979Jimmy 1/2 ton status

looks like an np208 but im not really sure

7. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Thats a 208 Transfer Case.