Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few questions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by KILLERK5, Nov 15, 2000.

1. KILLERK5

KILLERK5 1/2 ton status

I have a few questions I need to ask and I figured i'd spit em' all out at once. I have an 88 with a 4" lift.

1 If I got a 3" (7" total lift)body lift would 35's still rub?

2 What do you think about Pro Comp MT tires?

3 How is the tread wear on Swamper SSR's?

4 With 35" tires are gears mandatory? I will end up getting them a month or two after the tires when I get the money, but I heard my transmission will get messed up if I dont.

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

A friend of mine has a '91 with 4" lift, 3" body lift and is running 35" Swamper SSR's. They will rub slightly at full compression if the wheels are turned. He has mixed emotions about the SSR's. They are too noisy on the street, but are great off-road, he hasn't had them long enough to tell about the ware. He is running 3.42's, doesn't seem to have any trouble off-road, but on the street he peddles it pretty easy. I am running 33's with 3.73's and I can quickly run off and leave him. As for the Pro Comp, can't help you there.

3. ftn96

ftn96 1/2 ton status

You shouldn't have any problems with that amount of lift and 35's, if so your best bet would be very minimal fender trim, most likely in the rear of the wheel well. And if you have a 700R4, I'd definatly not waste too much time on getting the new gears. At least go with the 3.73's. But in the meantime, get a trans COOLER. This will help keep your tranny alive till you get the new gears.

Don't you buy no ugly truck!

4. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

I use to run 4" susp and 3" body with 35" meats. Driving around town, highway, whatever, no problems. When wheelin you will rub. (actually depending on your wheelin really). Twisty stuff you will rub. Just mud or light stuff, you'll be alright. What gears are you running now? If and when you change I would go with 4.56 since you'll have the OD on the highway.
    Don't know about Procomp or SSRs, sorry
    Boss
    http://www.boss.coloradok5.com

[​IMG]