Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few quickies

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 91gmcjimmyCH_IL, Apr 25, 2002.

1. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

I have been trying for quite some time now to get everything finished for the one ton rear swap and the 44 gettting put up front but it seems like everytime I make some progress I find out that I actually have been set back. The biggest problem is that with the 44 up front my front driveshaft doesn't reach the yoke. unexpeced to find this out and shocked when I was qouted 180 bucks to lengthen the shaft. The 44 isn't even worth that kind of money! I was wondering if I could take a shaft off another truck at the yard that would atlest be close or too long so I can shorten it.
    I have to tell you that I am not doing the work on the truck I got some highschool kids to do it in class. They are not very knowlegable but there is a teacher there that hopefully make sure everything goes alraight. One more question: can I just get spring plates from the junk yard for the new 14b? Sorry it is a long post. Thanks in advance for any input.

2. 91gmcjimmyCH_IL

91gmcjimmyCH_IL 1/2 ton status

IF YOU PUT A DANA 44 UP FRONT ON A 91BLAZER IS THE SHAFT GOING TO BE TO SHORT?

WHAT SHOULD I DO ABOUT SPRING PLATES FOR THE 14 BOLT?

3. 87GMC

87GMC 1/2 ton status

ORD sells the spring plates and u-bolts as a set. How long is your stock driveshaft and how much longer do you need it?

4. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

I have a rear driveshaft that measures 40.5" from yoke to yoke. Maybe you can use it and shorten it to your length and then weld in your yokes.
    Its located in Michigan. $50