Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few simple questions about new rear suspension: HELP WANTED

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by patrickcampbell, Sep 19, 2003.

1. patrickcampbell

patrickcampbell Registered Member

OK so im going to try something new in the back of my truck to go along with my 6" front springs. The back of the truck sags and I am trying to avoid that with my new rear suspension. My plans so far are 4" ORD flip kit + 3" tuff country springs. My other choice would be only the 2 1/2 inch flip kit + 4 " springs. Which will I be better off with if I am planning on spending about 80% of the driving on the road.
    * Would the 2 1/2" flip be more stable or will the 4" be ok.
    * What are some reasonably priced springs for me to use that will perform well.
    Thanx for any help, and pics would be greatly appreciated /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

go with the bigger (4") flip rather than taller springs. The taller the spring, the stiffer it'll be.

As far as brands of springs go, I'd either get tuff countrys or BDS springs. People say the latter are expensive... but you can get 4" BDS front springs from JDs for $90 ea. I know you are looking for rear springs... I was just using those as an example 'cause Ive actually priced them. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif At any rate, the BDS springs tend to have a higher spring rate than tuff countrys and maybe since you are worried about stability, they would be the way to go. Both companies make high quality stuff... you really cant go wrong with either one.

I don't really have any pics that would help ya... I have about 5.5" of lift in the rear of my rig via 4" ORD shackle flip + 1" ord zero rates + slightly taller than stock perches + revolvers, but I use stock springs. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif heres a pic with the 39.5s on..

da jimmy

j

3. patrickcampbell

patrickcampbell Registered Member

That was some helpful info. Thanx now does anyone know if my blazer will sit level with 2" springs on the 4" flip or should the 3" tough country be the best way to go, I wanted to avoid using the zero rates that I have with 2" springs.

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

hard to say, really depends on the rig. Droopy butt shouldnt be so much of a problem with aftermarket springs though. If it was me, I'd get the 3" TCs... but thats just MO.

j