Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few stupid questions.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by THISISWEIRD, Apr 11, 2007.

1. THISISWEIRD

THISISWEIRD 1/2 ton status

1. How do I know what gears I have in my GM 10 bolt? I'm sure there's a thread here somewhere, but I couldn't find it in my search?

2. I got some lean and want to replace the current suspension. It's at 6" now but I want to go to a 4". Please tell me what I need. I'll order it ASAP. It's just a hunting/fishing vehicle, but I want to make it "right". I think Leper mentioned ( in another post) a 2.5" ORD Shackle , 56" rear srings and flip the shackle upside down, a 4" set of HD Tuff Country springs for the front. Anything else besides a steering arm?

3. I'm not taking it mudding or crawling...just a DD and fun. I'm currently running 33's. Should I have any other issues with maintaining drivability with this setup?

Thanks for taking the time to help this newb. It's addictive. I replaced the steering box, now I'm trying to find a XJ shaft. Now I want to replace the suspension. I've already installed XM radio and I've ordered some speaker upgrades. This "hunting/fishing" vehicle has turned into a money pit. I can't imagine what you "real truck" guys are spending. Anybody need some child labor?

2. obijuan

obijuan 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

open your glove box, there should be a sticker that says it. maybe a tag on the actual differential. or you can rotate the tireas and actually count it.
    you NEED new Ubolts for your new suspension swap they may or may not come with the new springs. ORD has em. what kind of truck is it? a pickup, k5. either way 33s and 4 inch will do you just fine

3. THISISWEIRD

THISISWEIRD 1/2 ton status

I looked in the glove box, just a VIN number and about (30) three digit numbers that don't look anything like a gear ratio. I guess I'm going to be turning them.

Thanks for the help.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

do a search for RPO codes those are the 3 digit codes on the glove box you found. i think the ratios should start with a H or a G. if you have a G80 code thats the gov lock and the ratio should be the code right before it.