Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A few suspension questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mikeperez22, Jun 6, 2004.

1. mikeperez22

mikeperez22 Registered Member

May 11, 2004
    Ok, I just purchased a 1972 Blazer, and I am going to do a frame off restoration with a few custom mods to bring make it a little more modern while keeping the factory look. I am interested in updating the suspension to something a little more road worthy without hindering its off-road capability too much.

I've noticed a few companies make rear 4 link conversion kits. I've considered using airbags with a 4 link or a 4 link with combination airspring shocks. Does anyone know of an front suspension modification that would allow me to replace the front leafsprings so I can run coils or airbags?

I've also condidered removing a leaf, and then adding an air over leaf kit to return it to a stock or slightly raised stance. Does anyone have experience with these? Any help would be appriciated. Thanks.
  2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Mar 30, 2002
    You're talking some $$$ there. I've seen coil spring conversions befor, but myself, I'd reather stay more standard. Shackle flip in the rear and some good quality springs like BDS or Tuff Country.