Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a few things to lookover and think about

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by burban89'sgirl, Mar 2, 2007.

1. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

Here are a few things to think about while you are relaxing...

Can you cry under water?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How important does a person have to be before they are considered assassinated instead of just murdered?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do you have to "put your two cents in" .. .. but it's only a "penny for your thoughts"? Where's that extra penny going to?

Once you're in heaven, do you get stuck wearing the clothes you were buried in for eternity?

Why does a round pizza come in a square box?

What disease did cured ham actually have?

How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?

Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up like every two hours?

If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?

Why are you IN a movie, but you're ON TV?

Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?

Why do doctors leave the room while you change? They're going to see you naked anyway.

Why is "bra" singular and "panties" plural

Why do toasters always have a setting that burns the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?

If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a stupid song about him?

Can a hearse carrying a corpse drive in the carpool lane?

If the professor on Gilligan's Island can make a radio out of a coconut, why can't he fix a hole in a boat?

Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!

If Wiley E. Coyote had enough money to buy all that ACME junk, why didn't he just buy dinner?

If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?

Do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?

Why did you just try singing the two songs above?

Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him for a car ride; he sticks his head out the window?

</I>What's another word for "thesaurus?"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    How is it that "Fat Chance" and "Slim Chance" mean the same thing?!?!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Is there another word for synonym?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Whose cruel idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have a "S" in it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Why are hemorrhoids called "hemorrhoids" instead of "asteroids"?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Why are there five syllables in the word "monosyllabic"?
    </I></B></I></I>

2. CDA 455

CDA 455 3/4 ton status

That's pretty cool.

3. CustomChevy

CustomChevy 1/2 ton status

If you choke a smurf, what color would it turn?

When you hear in the news that a man was mauled by a 900lb bear, who weighed the bear?

why do hotdogs come in packages of 12 but hotdog buns come in an 8 pack?

why do we drive on parkways, and park in driveways?

4. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If most accidents happen within five miles of home, why not move ten miles away?

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

yes.

Public figures are assassinated, non-public figures are murdered.

In the "penny for your thoughts" example, the person that is supposed to give out some information isn't doing so willingly. They haven't offered up some info... another person is trying to get it out of them. One penny is offered instead of two because its a request to tell them as much as you want (worth a penny) as opposed to spilling the whole story (worth two).

Depends on what you mean by "you". If you mean your physical body, then yes... until your clothes decompose. If you are talking about the spirit, then no.

Pizzas were designed before the need for a pizza box, and they made them round. Later on when delivery and take home boxes became needed, the pizza companies wanted to spend the absolute least amount of $ possible because they don't get any $ in return for these boxes. A square box costs less to produce and is simpler than a round box would be.

Classic case of one word having more than one definition in the English language. I guess we can't complain, at least inflection doesn't completely change a word like it does in Chinese! :grin:

The former was the priority of a nation... the latter for luggage makers trying to come up with a way to get people (business travelers mostly) to replace their durable luggage and buy something new.

Babies certainly wake up a lot, on the other hand some people think they look uber-peaceful when they are asleep.

yes.

Movies, generally, create a fictional little world.. a suspension of disbelief if you will... that requires the "in" word useage. You are in another world... we are looking IN to that world via the film. TV on the other hand, back in the day when the "on" became common verbage, was a lot of non-fiction news and bad live entertainment shows. Things weren't recorded and played back later, and there wasn't generally the suspension of disbelief that you get with a film. Thus, you are simply "on" TV.

Because you can see a lot farther from 1000' then you can 6' in a dense city. From ground level, there is nothing to look at (other than the tops of skyscrapers I suppose) with binos... but up in an office tower you can check out the whole city.

They make people more cozy by perpetrating the myth that you have some privacy.

Panties uses the same plurality that pants do.

there are indecent human beings.

To bring poor Jimmy's plight/suffering to the masses.

yes.

Because they wanted to make more episodes/money.

There are pretty much no rules for the conduct of cartoon animals.

Hunters need 'the chase' to live. This is why Great White Sharks always die in captivity. Without the act of hunting, the true predator can't thrive.

Rarely.

yes, its also used in several other songs. Originated in Europe... way before there were enough composers in this world.

I didn't.

Thus proving that fresh air, your breath ain't.

Sarcasm can be taken in either direction.

likely there is.

It isn't cruel at all... its perfect word creation. The word is not only descriptive but demonstrative.

Doctors don't have a sense of humor when it comes to naming afflictions.

Because no single syllable word could describe it.

j

ps: almost to 15k pad.

6. uberbeans

uberbeans 1/2 ton status

Did the author of this thread really want answers to these questions?

PAD.

7. jekbrown

probably not, but one has to wonder why someone would even ask some of those questions... considering how obvious the answers are. :)

j

8. mr.smartass

mr.smartass 1 ton status Premium Member

Wow ninja pad for you jek. And I was trying to decide if I should take the time to answer them all when your post popped up. :D

9. jekbrown

10. 70jimmy

70jimmy 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Released from Pueblo, told I belong in Southpark
    is it ok to yell movie in a crowded fire house??

11. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Prove it......:p:

12. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

J, you are certainly a much more patient man than I for having quoted and typed all of these answers. All I did was silently answer them to myself, mostly.

I would not call that a pad, although your response to this would be.:D

13. TexasBlazerBoy

TexasBlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

I wasn't paying attention when I read this and was fixing to reply "no it isn't"
    But this is just freakin funny

14. 76zimmer

76zimmer Flyin Rat Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wow, now i know who to come to for answers: JEKBrown:bow:

15. 76zimmer

And that made my head hurt.

PAD!!!

16. burban89'sgirl

burban89'sgirl 1/2 ton status

good lord you have to much time to answer them im still singing abc song

17. jekbrown

try it for yourself. Get in a pool... go under... and then have someone start to squeeze your nuts. You'll be crying soon... just try not to sob... trying to pull in some air will be tough!

j

18. W7NB

W7NB 1/2 ton status

Don't EVER go into politics. You would come up with logical answers and ideas thus destroying the mystery and rhetoric that is our system of government.

19. jekbrown

yeah, they don't let peeps like me in the political ring. :rolleyes: gotta keep the BS flowin'.

j

20. 76zimmer