Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Few Things...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Capman2k, Sep 15, 2001.

1. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Howdy, I've been having computer problems, so I haven't been on much, but I do have a few things:

How about wheels from a Dodge Ram Charger or a full size J**p Wagoneer??? Can they be used on my stock K5?

It's still idling fast, but I haven't had a chance to check it yet to see if it's the choke or what.

In the morning when I start it up which takes about forever (gotta pump it about 10 times, and try three times and some more pumping to get it going), it will usually stall on me about two times before I can move... I'll put it in drive, let off the brake, and it's gone.. But it starts right up afterwards.. If I let it sit for about five minutes before going, it doesn't stall, but it cuts out and then goes once and is fine after that.

Last night it was pretty rough accelerating to 50 mph from a light... I didn't do anything different, but the front end was violently vibrating until I was up to speed for about 20-30 seconds...

My windshield wipers are insane... I don't know if I'm shutting them off wrong of if there are some loose wires, but since I got it, they just randomly 'wipe' once... It doesn't happen very often, but it drives me nuts when it does, and I'm afraid they're going to scratch my new windshield...

Other than that, I have no problems yet....

79 K5 Blazer Cheyenne.... That's all I have to say about that.

2. DuneRunner

DuneRunner 1/2 ton status

Sounds like you may have a vac leak. Look around at all I mean All of your vac hoses.
    If not try to get your carb rebuilt. Next would be to check the coil or starter. they may be tired after all these years. As for the windsheald (sp?) wipers that is a comon thing for GMs. My buddy had a duelly that would do it every 10 min. for no reason he changed out all of the system and it still did it. *Their Gremlins*

I hope you figure out what it is because it shouldn't die on you so many times....

Late KEN

DANGIT it's not a bronco!

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

In the morning when I start it up which takes about forever (gotta pump it about 10 times, and try three times and some more pumping to get it going), it will usually stall on me about two times before I can move... I'll put it in drive, let off the brake, and it's gone.. But it starts right up afterwards.. If I let it sit for about five minutes before going, it doesn't stall, but it cuts out and then goes once and is fine after that.

<hr></blockquote>

Vaccum leak or your choke is messed up... was a combo of both when mine was doing this... does is shake when you first start it and are giving it gas?

9/11/01... "We will overcome"
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html>www.chevycagal.homestead.com/steph.html</a>

4. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I had to let a buddy use my spare on his Wagoneer and it fit. The bolt pattern is the same. The only thing is I don't know if the J**p wheels will fit over the front hub, but the front of a Wagoneer is a D44 so it should.