Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a fond memory

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rdn2blazer, Feb 22, 2006.

1. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

just wanted to share a great memory of mine, it is when I raced the Elsinore Grad Prix in 2001. I had a great time running that historical race with a buddy that ran his quad in the same novice class. I rode and raced dirt bikes from age 5 till I was 16 yrs old. then cause of lack of money got out of riding alltogether. not till I was 33 did I get back into riding again, only this time on a quad. bought a 2000 Honda 400EX new. did a bunch of mods to it, mostly bolt on stuff.

then in 01' I got the bug to run the Elsinore GP. MAN WHAT A RUSH!. I started in the middle of the last of four riders per row of 5 rows of riders. you dont get a chance to practice at Elsinore. the flags drops and its WFO! WOW! TALK ABOUT PURE ADRENALINE!. loved every miniute of it. I actually made my way to fifth place only to take a drop off followed by a sweeper left hand that went from dirt to pavement WAY TO HOT! I had my quad power sliding way wide, I was sitting on my left heal hangin it out, I slid into and got lodged between a chain link fence and a firehidrent!

I went past on the outside of a water barrier I was soo wide. fortunantly I didn't hit the firehidrent head on. took quit a bit to get me unstuck. ended up finishing 13 overall, I felt good about it anyways. just wanted to share a great memory on probably what was my last race. I ride a ktm 450 exc now.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2007
  2. gauder

gauder Banned

Sweet pic.