Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A ? for 'Burb gurus

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Pugsley, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

A ? for \'Burb gurus

Went out roaming today and found an 87 GMC 'Burb - it's a K20(/Whatever the GMC 3/4 ton designation 4X4 is) Silverado, 350/700R4, front/rear air and all the goodies. It's got 74,300 certified miles on it too. The dealer is asking $5900 for it - sound worth looking a little further into?

......And knowing is half the battle
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

2. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Re: A ? for \'Burb gurus

My dads 90 was $5800 OBO. Only differences were he doesn't have rear air and he has the TH400

<hr></blockquote>
    What do you mean, Where did I get it??...I <font color=blue>BUILT</font color=blue> the damn thing!!

3. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Check the tranny again. If it's truly a 2500 series, then I'm pretty sure that you should find a Turbo 400 attached to the back of the engine. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

4. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

Yup, should have a TH400. That's top dollar for an '87 but if the body is pretty much flawless with that mileage it would be worth it.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

5. Pugsley

Pugsley 1/2 ton status

You guys are right - I took a trip back to look, and it is a TH400. From everything I can see, this thing is flawless - outside of the grille and headlight trim being faded (and some really hideous aluminum running boards[​IMG]), it's perfect - even the paint is good, and the interior doesn't have so much as a stain. I've been needing something a little bigger, and the thought of no payments really makes this ride look good, ya know?

......And knowing is half the battle
    <a target="_blank" href=http://pugsley.alloffroad.com>pugsley.alloffroad.com</a>

6. Blazer1970

Blazer1970 1/2 ton status

I have an '87 sitting in my driveway that needs a rear end. I need to get that thing back on the road - these body style burbs are so huge inside. Makes a great storage unit in the driveway for the time being.

Tim

70 Blazer CST 4X4 350 SM465 NP205
    87 Burb 4X4 350
    01 GMC 2500HD 4X4 Duramax/Allison

7. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

<blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

and some really hideous aluminum running boards

<hr></blockquote>
    I've got a set of those out in the garage! Removing them was the 2nd thing I did when I bought the '90 Sub, right after taking off the hideous wind deflector that was on the hood. [​IMG]

<font color=black>HarryH3 - '75 K5</font color=black>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck>www.angelfire.com/super/ThunderTruck</a>
    It's a great day to be alive...

8. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

Second thing I did to my Burb as well...recently sold them at a garage sale for $50 to a guy who wanted them for his minivan...to each their own!

Haze gray and underway...<font color=blue>or blue, in my case.</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/abshort>U.S.S. Nimitz II</a>

9. 89GMCSuburban

89GMCSuburban 1/2 ton status

No kidding, I put 4 35/12.50 BFG MT tires in mine with room to spare while the tranny was dead.

Red 1989 GMC Suburban SLE V1500 - TBI 350, 700R4 w/ shift kit, Quad-shock front, 31/10.50/15 Pro Comp MT, 4.10 gears, Duals off cat

10. woody9

woody9 1/2 ton status

don't those (alum) runing boards just make loading ramps for the lawn tractor into the pickup/utility trailer?
    Mine has the WELDED on Ranchhand's on all 4 doors! One of their bumpers under the other 2 doors as well!

11. Burbinator

Burbinator 1/2 ton status

For reference, I paid less than $5K for my '91 V2500 Burb with every option except rear heat, but who needs that in AZ. It was also a private sale, not a retail dealer lot.

Haze gray and underway...<font color=blue>or blue, in my case.</font color=blue>
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/abshort>U.S.S. Nimitz II</a><P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Burbinator on 02/19/02 07:51 PM.</FONT></P>