Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a freakin thing happened last night!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by cannibal, Jul 27, 2003.

1. cannibal

cannibal Registered Member

hi all,

i just can't belive this thing, last night, i was at my friends garage checking the carbeurator and the engine( remember i have damaged mount and so the fan started to hit the frame underneath) so i bend the fan(only one blade which is the one that was hittin) and so we were testing the car and suddenly there was a big BANG, my friend was inside the car near the engine and i was outside, i turned off the engine to check whats up? and guess what? one blade from the fan just got loose and flew outside hitting the metal cover up and hitting the ground at a very high speed, we were soooo lucky no one got hurt from that accident but now i donno what to do? was it my fault bendind the blade, and yeah, it is the same blade that i've bent, what to do now, get new mounts and a fan, or just get a fan, oh $h!t that will cost alot, but thank god no one got hurt.
    just wanted to share this thing with ya all....thanx /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. driney

driney 1/2 ton status Premium Member

GM had a recall about cracking around the rivits on those fans. Of course my notice came after one of the fan blades cut a slit in the hood when it came loose. When you bent the blade it probably didn't help a problem that was already started.

3. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah when you bent it it made it out of balance and probably started shaking and that caused the already cracked fan to bust.

4. cannibal

cannibal Registered Member

yeah, i think so, tom. or after i'll be gettin new motor mounts and new fan, thanx /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

5. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

You can buy a flex fan for about $30 at most part places. Motor mounts are cheap too.

6. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

flex fan? yuck...

7. Calclips

Calclips 1/2 ton status

Swartz Creek, Michigan/Flint while in school
    You can probably get a stock replacement fan out of a junkyard for less than 30 bucks...

8. Toledo

Toledo 1/2 ton status

go electric