Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A free 14ff and 8 lug D44...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mudgition, Apr 14, 2003.

1. mudgition

mudgition 1/2 ton status

was given to me for being such a neat young gentleman /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif THE CATCH: The rear needs complete brake job. The front is missing everything outboard of the ball joints. The gears are matched (4.11's) The R and P are in good shape and the cv's in the front are new. Plus, it's a direct bolt in to my rig. 79 K5. MY QUESTION: what is it worth, doller wise? Depending on how much time I have to install, it might be for sale on K5 soon. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

They didnt pay you take them? you got ripped!!!!!

Joke.....

They are worth whatever somone will pay for them, id guess 200 for the 14ff, and the 8 lug d44, id post it for like 125.

3. CHEVY 4WD

CHEVY 4WD 1/2 ton status

If it needs a complete brake job I would put a disk brake set up on it.

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> If the D44 needs everything outboard from the balljoints, it's not an 8 lug, it's a no lug. 6 and 8 lug D44s are the same from the knuckles in, the most valuable part of that axle is gone. Free is good, but the only real good thing about them is that they have the 4.10s. I'd ask $300-$350 for the pair, the gears are worth that.[color]