Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Friend Is In Peace Now

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by landsmasher, May 13, 2003.

1. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Some of you saw the post I made about my friend who died last month and we buried him in the sky this last weekend. Just thought I would show you a picture of how we do that. It was a great day and a great jump. We celibrated his life and took him for his last skydive... He's in a better place now... This is a photo of his ashes being released at about 7000 feet over Perris Valley Skydiving Center in So-Cal....

[​IMG]

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Yer killin me, that pic has about a million punchlines, just waiting to be used....Cool sentiment though... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

that is awesome of you guys to do that /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif when my best friend passed away a few years ago we spread his ashes at one of our local wheeling spots /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

Re: A Friend Is In Peace Now *DELETED*

Post deleted by BranndonC

5. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Way to go, brother!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I'm sure he's looking down with a big smile on his face right now.

6. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

This is a sign of true friendship. To be able to honor a friend's last request like this shows the bonds between the friends and the respect the deceased had garnered.

Oh Branndon, saying something like that in the presence of some of my kin would get ya a good ole down home country a** whuppin in 'bout five seconds flat.

7. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    ewww.. what if he landed in my soda or in my mouth while i was yawning? nice idea and all but it has to land somewhere

[/ QUOTE ]

Show a little respect, man. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The soda you're talking about will do you more harm than cup of ashes spread in the air at 7,000 ft.

8. landsmasher

He's laughin at what ever Branndon said right now. He was a great guy that did not judge anyone but himself. And always made fun of himself and everyone and everything he touched. I always wanted to take him out four wheelin but he couldn't handle the last couple of years going out there. He was too plugged in to the hospital and stuff. He had a great life and a hell of a lot of friends and he would have fit in here like a lubed rod in a greasy shaft...

Anyways I just thought I would share this with another group of the best friends anyone could have. I am lucky to have so many friends in differnt cultures and sports. It's times like this that makes me want to reach out and let my friends know that I appreciate them. You never know when it may be the last time you do so...

Can I have your Bud? LOL!

Here's to Claud VanTassle.... May he party in Peace! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

9. landsmasher

That's really cool because I think that a person would want to have thier remains in a place that they enjoyed. Twer it me I would want all of my friends to run over my spot afterwards... Get to see 4 wheelin from a whole different perspective that way... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Remember folks,,, It's not how ya die that counts...

It's how ya live... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. landsmasher

Not You Canmore... Screwed up there on the clicky...

[ QUOTE ]
    what if he landed in my soda or in my mouth while i was yawning?

[/ QUOTE ]

You will never have anything better in your whole life enter your mouth. You should be so lucky... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

OH! and Here's another one!

If Claude is the worst thing you've ever had in your mouth you should feel lucky.... /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

11. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

Thats a great tribute. One of the best parties I have EVER been too was a wake for a friend that died the night before our H.S. graduation. I know there are time honored traditions and ceremonies and mourning, but when you get down to it, it is a celebration of life. Had another friend who wants to be cremated, and then sprinkled over a pot plant so we can smoke him. Thats the LAST person I want floating around inside my head!. Glad I quit that years ago. Anyway, again, a great way to send him on his way. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    sprinkled over a pot plant so we can smoke him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Claude would have gone for that... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

I dunno, thats a little creepy

15. Twiz

Twiz 1/2 ton status

Nice !

It does us well, to remember our lost ones - in a way that gives tribute to the way they lived.

True friends.

16. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

Doing that for a friend speaks vary highly of your charecter. That is a great way to remeber a lost friend
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

17. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

[ QUOTE ]
    Here's to Claud VanTassle.... May he party in Peace!

[/ QUOTE ] I'll drink to that.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Words escape me ..... that's beautiful man !!!! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif I hope I have friends like you when
    it's my time. Thanks for sharing!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I dunno, thats a little creepy

[/ QUOTE ]

But having all the blood and crap drained from your body and a bunch of chemicals pumped in, and being placed in a box and stuck in a hole in the ground isn't...? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

20. awagliar

awagliar Registered Member

In the same vein, we had a tribute to a fallen hang gliding instructor recently. The family didn't want to do anything out of the ordinary, but we (friends/students/local pilots) burned his glider at the flight park in a viking-style memorial. This same glider was the one he used to set the world record for the most number of consecutive loops. It was quite a moving ceremony. A lot of the pilots gathered there hadn't seen each other in a while, so it was a boisterous social event for a while, but as soon as the glider was lit .. nothing but palpable silence.

I don't know if they intended it, but there's now a hang-glider-shaped burn scar in their yard, a couple hundred feet away from the end of the runway.

Here's a few pics, in case you've ever wondered what burning dacron and aluminum looks like, surrounded by a bunch of drunkfux.