Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A good deal???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by blazer4evr, Nov 5, 2001.

1. blazer4evr

blazer4evr Registered Member

I found a guy that wants to sell his 6in lift. to me for $200. I think he is giving me his dropped pitman arm also. its that a good deal? also is there anything else i'm gonna need to install it? i know i need to lengthen brake lines/ driveshafts but is there anything else i am not aware of?
    kevin

2. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

If the shocks are good and all the hardware is there that is not a bad deal. I have seen four wheel parts sell their 6' lift for 350.00. The only thing I thing you will need is lower bumpstops

3. blazer4evr

blazer4evr Registered Member

bumpstops are for the sway bar right?

4. txbartman

txbartman 1/2 ton status

Bunpstops are mounted to the frame and are to prevent the axle from impacting the frame at full compression. I don't see any need to replace these as a part of the lift, but you should consider them for other reasons.

With a 6" lift, you will most likely have larger tires. If you use the factory bumpstops with larger tires and no body lift, you will more than likely be rubbing your tires against the fender or inner fender wells at full spring compression. A body lift or trimmed fenders could help avoid this, but so could larger bumpstops. These would prevent your axle from going as close to the frame therefore reducing how close to the body and fenders the tire may get. However, a con to this is that your axle articulation is going to be reduced. But you have to give up something.

I have a 4" lift. My 35" tires were chewing up my fenders at full compression and turning. To help prevent this, I added a 1" body lift and trimmed the fenders slightly. I also added 4 1/2" bumpstops from My Jimmy with all her projects!