Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A good excuse to go to pismo

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 78jimmygirl, Jun 23, 2005.

1. 78jimmygirl

78jimmygirl Registered Member

So my dad works in san luis during the week supervising for a construction company and some how he had a huge steel bar fall on him today that took 20 guys to lift it off him! :eek: Well he's in the hospital right now with a broken elbow and some broken bones in his face and stitches cause he landed face down. My mom was already staying in pismo this week visiting him so me and my sisters are supposed to go friday to see him. Its pretty crazy. My dads one of those people w/ bad luck last year broke his leg and had to get pins in it. But hay Im goin to pismo :D :cool: :woot: :saweet:

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

ooo! sorry he got hurt......but on a lighter note, have a safe trip. and try to enjoy yourself when you're not visiting him.

3. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Ouch, sounds like that would have been painful. Hope he recovers soon.

Guess all you can do is make the best of a situation, and have some fun at the same time. I always make any of my trips dual purpose. :grin:

4. google

google 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear about your dad. When I worked construction several years ago, I banged my finger with a hammer...... Guess that was a much bigger hammer.

Now, where the heck is pismo and what's so good about it?

5. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

"Pismo Beach and all the clams you can eat!" to quote Bugs Bunny. Actually, Pismo is one of two beaches in the state of California, I believe, that allow off road vehicles. It's a nice little resort community on the central coast of California. I used to live there, and work at Harry's Bar.

John

6. google

google 1/2 ton status

Oh, score!! Have fun then... Best wishes to your dad too. :D :D

7. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Hope your father is doing well. The worst injuriy we ever had at work was a guy fell 8 feet off a ladder onto the driveway. A buddy of mine who worked for his father for a while did manage to nail his hand to a roof with the nail gun! Again, best wishes for a full recovery....

8. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I have seen some bad stuff at work. Your dad is lucky and I am glad he is OK. Enjoy Pismo I been there and had a good time. Remember to air back up after you leave. :)
    [​IMG]

9. 78jimmygirl

78jimmygirl Registered Member

Now, where the heck is pismo and what's so good about it?[/QUOTE]

oh :doah: I guess i should not have asumed everyone and there mother knows about pismo. I dont get out of Cali often. Well I talked to my mom today and she said they are coming home tomorrow so Im kinda bummed I dont get to ditch work and go to the beach :frown1: but Im glad dads ok :D . Me and my friends are talking about going july 4th sooooooooooooooo. Anyways thanks for caring :cool1: