Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A good reason why cold weather sucks!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Jeremy_C, Dec 25, 2002.

1. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

Welp, I go to get into my truck yesterday and the handle is frozen over. So i go to the passenger side an try to get in, its froze too. So me in my wonderfull thinking, instead of getting hot water to pour on it, i hit it pretty hard tryin to get the button to push in. It busted. So how in the world do i fix this?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

put a new button on it...... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

3. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Just remember...cold=brittle, especially with plastic parts.

Rene

4. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

lol....i knew i'd get that answer. Just put a button on it. Kiss it

How do ya put the dern thing on there? Better yet, how do ya take it off? lol /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

5. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Gonna have to take the inside panel off , I guess...Then it should be somewhat obvious.... Just fawkin with ya earlier... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

6. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

oh yea i knew ya was /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif I'll take the panel off, i didn't think it would be hard, just hated to take the panel off if i didn't have too.

7. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Just weld the doors shut and go Bo and Luke Duke. I loved that show when I was a kid!! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

8. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

didnt you think of carb cleaner or wd-40 at room temperature? man that is a bitch, id just super glue some button on that, its a bitch to take the panel off, and i bet its even more fun getting the handle off, i've done stuff like this before, like break off my axle vent tube part, im sure you will work though it, good luck /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

9. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

It's a 5 minute job to remove the panel, and the handle is pretty straight forward.

Rene

10. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Too bad ya don't have a K5. Both of the front doors froze up on my '72 Blazer when I lived in Salt Lake City around 1981. So I opened the rear window and climbed inside through there. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. Jeremy_C

Jeremy_C 1/2 ton status

I like the general lee idea, but my welder is tore up. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I've had to break into my truck like that before, i had to take a knife an pry open the back glass while it was coming a down pour. That was fun.

If its a five minute job for most it'll be a 2 hour job for me /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif lol