Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A Good Story About My Armpits. (Too Much Information.)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 350350, Feb 19, 2004.

1. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif So about a week ago I tried a new deodorant and it made my armpits break out in a rash. Some sort of gel. I've been using another gel for a long time and liked it, but couldn't find it so I figured what's it matter? A gel is a gel is a gel, right???

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif So I throw away the new one that made me break out, and go buy like two or three more different ones, still unable to find the original one I liked. Each day I try a new one, and each day the rash has gotten worse.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif So today I put on another new one and it was so bad I actually teared up a little as it burned its way through to the bone. I don't think I can take another day of this, but I can't go without deodorant either.

/forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

I hate it when my pits itch from a stupid rash from stupid deodorant.... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifGet some hippy oil.... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

4. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

You're suppose to shower before the deodorant cause the chemicals in the stuff react negatively to body stank.......... /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Speed Stick, never break out, doesn't last as long as I'd like but love the smell.

6. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif This my friend, is a serious problem that needs to be addressed immediately! Don't let it get worse. /forums/images/graemlins/shame.gif
    Do you still have the old stick you liked? If you do compare ingredients... I think you are going to have to lay off the anti-stink for a couple days until the rash goes away. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif Just tell everyone to do this... /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif... /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn, that was fast. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

8. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

What the hell is hippy oil? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Speed Stick, never break out, doesn't last as long as I'd like but love the smell.

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Original style Speedstick Deodorant is the only thing that works for me. Anti-Perspirants make me sweat /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

10. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

patchuly, or however you spell it.....grow some dreadlocks while yer at it too....rasta bro... /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

11. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

12. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

just keep using it, it will get better with time.. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

just keep using it, it will get better with time.. /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought... No Pain, No Gain, right??? /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

14. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Doood...

Try some of This /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

OUCH! gotta hate that. wait until the weekend or when ever you're off and don't use any for those couple days and see if that helps.

16. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

old spice code red. smells awesome, every woman i have talked to likes it, lasts a long time. im a sweaty bastid and it does GREAT for me. the gels like to make me break out as well.
    Grant

17. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

Dude, that is bad news. You need to treat that asap. Take a shower and be sure to wash really well. DRY COMPLETELY. Then, do not use deodorant, but instead get some Hydrocortizone OINTMENT (not cream because the cream will absorb, and you want it to stay on to treat). Cortizone 10 in the yellow tubes is fine. Just make sure that it is ointment. Rub on just enough to cover the area, then maybe again during your lunch break at work. When you get home remove your shirt, and do not add any more ointment, as to give the rash a chance to breath. Before you go to bed try putting on some Baby Powder. After a few days to a week of doing this you should be better. Then switch to an organic deodorant that is not manufactured with the additives that are causing your reaction. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. 350350

350350 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Dude, that is bad news. You need to treat that asap. Take a shower and be sure to wash really well. DRY COMPLETELY. Then, do not use deodorant, but instead get some Hydrocortizone OINTMENT (not cream because the cream will absorb, and you want it to stay on to treat). Cortizone 10 in the yellow tubes is fine. Just make sure that it is ointment. Rub on just enough to cover the area, then maybe again during your lunch break at work. When you get home remove your shirt, and do not add any more ointment, as to give the rash a chance to breath. Before you go to bed try putting on some Baby Powder. After a few days to a week of doing this you should be better. Then switch to an organic deodorant that is not manufactured with the additives that are causing your reaction. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Man, I'll try that. Lately it's been like applying battery acid to my armpits. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

19. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

I had the same thing happen to me last summer /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifUsed some Cortaid cream with my wifes Dove aerosol deoderant(sparingly) with some medicated gold bond powder, went away in a week or so then switched my brand of deoderant. The powder helped alot /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

20. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    old spice code red. smells awesome, every woman i have talked to likes it.

[/ QUOTE ]
    That stuff is the only thing I have found that works really well. And there is something about the smell of it that the ladies really seem to like. I think old spice puts some of those pharamones (spelling??) or whatever in it that women are supposed to be attracted to. I know that I have had girls come up and hug me for no reason but because I smelled good, when I wasnt wearing cologne, just the old spice.
    -Harrison