Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a great thing happened to night!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddysub, Oct 6, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

MY MUFFLER FELL OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif my exhaust now consists of about 6' of pipe and a catalytic converter!!! and it sounds DAMN good!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Now if that damn catalytic converter will just fall off..... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    Now if that damn catalytic converter will just fall off

[/ QUOTE ]
    ya but you need some backpresure or it is bad for your motor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I know, but it'd be the excuse for the new 2.5" or 3.0" exhaust with no catalytic converter and some 40 series Flowmasters. Well, that's just my thinking anyways.

5. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i need a cat for smog. and i figger with the cat on there i got enought pressure.

6. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

lol oh man when i bought my truck the exaust had been cutoff about 2 feet past the cat, i left it like that for a while, then i got some 2 1\2" stainless flex pipe from my uncle that he had laying around so i made a side pipe that dumps right before the drivers side rear tire, boy oh boy my friends say it sounds like a 70's corvette with headers and sidepipes, so yea i know what your talking about
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

7. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a flowmaster muffler thats been in the backseat of my truck for a couple months now, just like you its only the cat but doesnt sound to bad so i just left it alone

8. chulisohombre

chulisohombre 1/2 ton status

i had my stock ram horns exhaust manifolds.one of them broke off so i had to buy headers.so im left with no exauset and have to have something besides open headers.so i welded up some strait pipes and it sounded awesome.just like a stock car,haha.but then that broke about a year later and now i just have standard turbo mufflers.if i new they were going to be so quiet i never would have bought them.i need to at least get some flowmasters to make my truck sound like,uh, a truck again.