Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a$$holes(rant)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tecton, Feb 26, 2004.

1. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

is the world full of them?

all my life, ive been taught to do the right thing. i dont try to screw people over. it never even occurs to me to be mean to people or try to screw them over for stuff. But time after time i find that people in the real world do nothing but this to me.

my truck has been at the garage since feb 4. They tried to sell me new parts to fix it (900$) so i said find them used. Well last friday, i call cause im pissed and guy says parts will be here monday. So i am driving by tonite, 5 days after the parts are supposed to be in. Truck hasnt moved.

We hired a lawer for a few things. I had a long standing ticket. I told him the details "yeah thats bs they cant do that" so i gave him the money to defend me. (300$ is alot cheaper than insurance). So we get to court and hes like "well you are screwed", then makes a comment to the city attorney basically mocking me.

im sick of people trying to screw me
    please tell me this is isolated and there are decent people in the world. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

that sucks ass bro im sorry to hear that and no not everyone out ther is that big of an a$$ /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    We hired a lawer for a few things. I had a long standing ticket. I told him the details "yeah thats bs they cant do that" so i gave him the money to defend me. (300$ is alot cheaper than insurance). So we get to court and hes like "well you are screwed", then makes a comment to the city attorney basically mocking me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Attorneys are idiotic fawkwads. I know cause I deal with them almost everyday. I'll be glad when I start the new job cause I won't be dealing with them as much. They only quit becoming fawkwads once they become a judge, and even then, there is no guarantee.

It's harder in this day and age not to run into a**holes (I'm not talking my kind here, my kind is cool). More people on the planet, that's the main reason. Not only that, society is seriously degraded from the good old days. Used to be that one could pick up a hitchhiker, or if you broke down on the side of the road, you wouldn't have any problems. Ain't like that today.

4. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

it sucks that i was raised like that
    cause now i have to learn to expect the worst from everyone

5. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, sure is. Especially those you don't know will always be dicks to you. When you get to know people, then they will be better towards you. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    When you get to know people, then they will be better towards you.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Hell, you can't even count on this anymore. One of the most vauable lessons I've learned in my short existence is that you cannot trust anyone(even family) for anything and for any amount of time. If you do, your just setting yourself up to be F U C K E D! /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, and excuses too!

8. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

Why is it that i can completly indentify from where you are comming from(family) /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif??????Its like in todays world,you have kids that raise themselves........Jake /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

There are a bunch of them, but I have found that some self confidence (and a slight dose of intimidation) cure most a$$es of their tendencies. Most of those you would classify as an a$$ prey on those that they perceive as weak, or not confident. If they have a question in their mind that perhaps you may go postal if they screw you over, they back off. This type of person is usually a coward w/ an inferiority complex. My observations anyway. I spent years as a doormat, but that is no longer an option. Tecton, from what I recall you are a pretty big boy, use that to your advantage.

John

10. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

lol
    i am

but like i said, it doesnt even occur to me that people would act like this. i guess i didnt get that email

11. SkulzNBonz

SkulzNBonz 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    it doesnt even occur to me that people would act like this

[/ QUOTE ]
    We like to perceive people as having traits that we or our friends have, but this is not the case. The decline of the society in general (morally and ethically) prevents most people from being decent human beings. Unfortunate, but a fact nonetheless. I was raised to be a "good" person, and from what I've read, so were you. As I have gotten older, it is painfully clear that this has become the exception rather than the rule. Didn't used to be like that, as Bubba said "in the good old days". I'm pretty cynical and untrusting of anyone I don't know. (Damn, high school psychology sure has paid off /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif )

John

12. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    but like i said, it doesnt even occur to me that people would act like this. i guess i didnt get that email

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif That's a good one. there are still good ppl out there, they are just out numbered by the dinks. I've got one person outside my family that I know I can count on and I consider myself lucky.

13. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

The world is a very happy place full of fun and excitement

Lawyers.... anyone who has to get dressued up in a 3 piece suit is going to be a bastard to some extent, judges dont count because they have those cool robes. You ought to be able to go to your job in jeans and t shirts. Heh, no really, I'm sure there are some great lawyers out there, you just got a prick.

14. djsblaze

djsblaze 1/2 ton status

On behalf of all the decent lawyers out there, I apologize for that jerk. That is a fairly common practice for attorneys. They take your case to defend or prosecute, lead you to believe they can help, cash your check, and then hold your hand when you get spanked in court. I make it a practice to be brutally honest with all of my clients. If I cant help out, and I know know no one else can either, I tell them to bite the bullet, even though I could walk them through the process, and make a couple of grand. Treating your clients right mean repeat business and referrals. Doing what your lawyer did just gives my profession a bad name, and more than likely, deservingly so.

15. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    On behalf of all the decent lawyers out there, I apologize for that jerk....Doing what your lawyer did just gives my profession a bad name, and more than likely, deservingly so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, in defense of attorney's, I now know 2 that I feel I can trust. I had 1 several years ago that did a dang good job for me against some pretty challenging odds. They are not all bad. It just take awhile to find the right one.

But yes, most people are @$$holes and dinks with very low IQ's who have not heard of honesty, integrity, or doing the right thing even if that means it's bad for themselves. I take comfort in the fact that someday, somehow, they are going to get screwed HARD by somebody even lower than themselves. Hey man, what goes around, comes around. Be a dink long enough and the karma bites ya back!