Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A HUGE thanks to....

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by denver75k5, Feb 2, 2003.

1. denver75k5

denver75k5 1/2 ton status

I just want to send out a HUGE thanks to TIM,Toby,Sean,Eric,Harley and the rest of you that came up last night to recover my rig after it rolled. I cant thank you guys enough, if theres anything I can do for you all let me know. BTW everyones alright , except the blazer, but it can be replaced. Again thanks.......
    TJ...

2. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

That is the main thing. Everyone is alright. The blazer was pretty thrashed, but sheetmetal can be replaced, lives can't. How did the rest of the trip home go? Have you had a chance to see how bad it is? The body is shot, but how about the drivetrain?

Harley

3. Highlander

Highlander 1/2 ton status

I want to say anytime but you and I wouldn't like that /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif But I don't mind at all to help you or anyone else out
    I glad to hear your alright for the most part. I was hoping to have some pic's up for everyone today but my puter only wants to let me see 16 bit color and that won't do.
    So when I get some pic's up and running I'll let you know. By the way when is that yard sale going to be??? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. denver75k5

Yup , the body's gonzod on it but the drivetrain is still in great shape the only thing I wasted on that was the rear driveshaft.
    As for the yard sale , I think all the 1ton stuff & the motor Ill pull and put into another blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Glad to hear that you got out OK!

Get some pics posted! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

6. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

Hey TJ, sorry to hear about your Blazer. I have a buddy here that is selling an 86 body in decent shape. If you are interested pm or call me. I can actually bring it out with me in April when I come out.

7. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Any time buddy...we are all just glad you made it out unscathed....I guess it is time to turn that green booger into a buggy, huh? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

Chris

8. Highlander

Well heres one pic [​IMG] and another just for giggles [​IMG]
    Eric

9. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Wow! It had doors on it when I saw it yesterday afternoon! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

10. Highlander

Haha yes it did didn't /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif
    I wish I would gotten a good pic of the rock he was on, That thing would not let go, Tim had to use a High lift on it just to help out the winch. I'll bet that rock was at lest 4ft tall /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
    [​IMG]

Eric

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Where's the steering wheel? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Rene

12. blk87K5

blk87K5 1/2 ton status

Shattered. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

13. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Un-friggen-real /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Glad to hear nobody was hurt!

Rene

14. Butch

Butch 1/2 ton status

The steering wheel made it through the roll, but not through the TJ rage after the fact. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It was still somewhat connected until the #$%##@!%@#% after the roll happened. I would say that rock is more than 4'. I was able to stand a 4' Hi-lift up straight under the gas tank skid plate to jack the rear diff up off the rock. Shawn's 12000lb winch would pull till it was dragging the Rodent up the hill with the brakes locked and TJ's K-5 wouldn't budge.
    And to add to the fun Mark had busted his front hub completely off his XJ when he rolled TJ back over so he was hi centered on his rear diff with only 2WD. But one day we will all look back and laugh, of course it will take TJ more days than the rest of us I am sure. I know my bed looked wonderful at 8:30 this morning when I got home. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

15. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I'm just glad you're okay TJ. I'm really sorry to see your K5 like that last night. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Lisa took a "few" pics that can be seen here:
    http://www.off-road.com/chevy/rodent/TJ

I'll keep a look out for another K5. Let me know if you need a hand with anything. I have an engine hoist you can borrow if you need to pull that engine.

I wanted to say thanks to Eric for helping me get my shock mount fixed and for borrowing his tools.

16. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

TJ, glad you were not hurt, looks like most of the scratches should buff out. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    And since no one else has asked, what the hell were you doing starting that trail in the middle of winter that late at night? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

17. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Steve, you know TJ better than to ask /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif
    If i'm not mistaken, isn't this the area he rolled at? /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif
    [​IMG]
    A little further and we might all be going to see him somewhere we do not want to. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

18. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

It looks to be right in the same general area as we were last night. There is a big boulder right in the middle of the road. Thankfully there was trees to catch TJ's truck or it would have been alot worse.

19. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that man. I know how you feel. I rolled my Jimmy 6 times about a year and a half ago.

Dan /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif

20. denver75k5

Actually we left at about 4:pm and middle of winter,,, huh, it was 75 out that day /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Besides I wanted to try out my new winch that day.
    Anyway, thanks for everyones concern i'll probley end up getting another 73-75 and swapping all my goodies to that one...
    TJ...