Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A junky's fix

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by POWERMAD, Sep 9, 2006.

1. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

So I bought an econobox to take over daily driving duties, while it is nice to have heat, A/C, a stereo to listen to, being able to talk the person next to ya without yelling and get 32MPG it is kinda humdrum none the less.
    After 3 weeks of letting the K5 collect dust I took it work and while it has no heat or a/c, working radio, it's loud as hell and ugly as a 3 dollar whore that rig is fun as hell to drive.
    Aint nothing like waiting 5 minutes for a break in traffic on a 4 lane intersection seeing a small break and dumping the clutch at 2K, have the ass end kick out in the right direction smoking rubber, let off the throttle to regain traction, mash the loud pedal bark the tires grab 2nd and start overtaking cars at 60, grab 3rd at 4K and 30 seconds later downshift to make a turn.
    I swear I was so pumped that my clutch leg was twitching holding the clutch at the stop sign.
    Who needs a stereo when ya have a V8 with a 4 barrel ;)

2. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

I've driven the K5 once in the last 6 months, so I totally understand where you're coming from. Of course, I've been behind the wheel of my 89 V3500 on the weekends so it's taken the edge off quite a bit. Regardless, I'm looking forward to putting the Blazer back into commission and putting her through the paces in a month or so!! :woot:

3. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

ya there is something therapeutic about taking the blazer out IMO

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Yeah, I miss having a Fullsize to Romp on. My C10 hasnt moved under its own power since 2001. I dont beat on my C20 cuz its a family heirloom type deal. My K10 has been down since...eh close to two years since it was a daily driver:doah: When its "done" it will be a K20 though:laugh:

Call it sad...but Ive been going home and beating on our old Farm truck. 94 F150, straight 6, 5 speed, bald 235s. But its so much more fun to drive then that S-Blazer of mine:confused:

5. jekquistk5

jekquistk5 Weld nekid Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Don't forget the hum of a good mud tire, that is therapeutic too