Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A K Blazer is still a Blazer When its. . .

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by _DeeVee8_, Apr 2, 2000.

1. _DeeVee8_

_DeeVee8_ 1/2 ton status

Was pondering what to do with the lates edition to my collection of consecutivley older Blazers that I have now.. I just picked up a '69/70 for $50.00! No rot--it's all there..nedds an interior gut out though..

I was wondering-- A blazer is still a blazer wether it's jacked up 4" or 12" with huge meats or just some pizza cutter wheels, right?

Has anyone ever lowered a blazer? I'm looking for some info because I think this will be the beach ride. Can this be done or is the transfer case a problem-- can I put the axles over the springs? Anyone think I'm a nut for even considering it? I think it could work..

what problems would i have? (right out of the starting blocks..) driveline angle screwed?
    once again..your wisdom is greatly appreciated...

-Dv8

You tried your best and you've failed miserabley.The lesson is never try- Homer Simpson

2. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

How about you sell it to me at quadruple the price and buy a 2wd blazer?

Seriously, I'd think about trading it for a 2wd version. It would be much easier than trying to lower that one and the rest of us would think much more highly of you. I would think that you could get plenty of cash for that one and then you can find a 2 wheeler to lower. I just don't think a 4wd is meant to be lowered.

3. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

Oh man. I think you better change your name and enter the witness relocation program. Some of the guys here will hunt you down for thinking about lowering a 4x4 Blazer. Just kidding dude. I've got to agree with the other guy though. I think you'd have a lot of problems with the straight front axle trying to lower it.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

4. 89Jimmy

89Jimmy 1/2 ton status

LOWER a blazer? It just don't seem natural.

John

So Much to do, So LITTLE cash.

5. BlueKnight

BlueKnight 1/2 ton status

yeah I second the motion. go buy a 2 wheel drive and lower it. Especially the find you have in your possesion now.

6. Steve88

Steve88 1/2 ton status

DV8 what are you thinking? Hey, there is a slammed Blazer in my town and personally I hate those friggin things. They park and let the air out and the thing sits on the ground. Looks subterranean or something. To each his own I suppose, but still I just don't like em!

Or maybe it's the owners that bug me... [​IMG]

Naw, go for show but don't go low! How about a nice set of rims, stock height, and max out the performance in it? Make it a little hot rod! [​IMG]

<font color=red>Steve88</font color=red>[​IMG]
    88K5 Silverado
    thunderdog@metallica.com