Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A K5, Hollister Hills, and Real TV!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HarryH3, Jan 30, 2003.

1. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Yesterday I was watching an episode of Real TV on TNN. One of the spots they had was of a gray 2nd Gen K5, topless, with a full roll cage. First they get the thing buried in a mudhole, then dig and winch it out. Then they're trying to go up a steep hill. Part way up, the truck is not moving and just throwing a ton of dust in the air, but the driver stays in the throttle anyway. Finally he decides to stop and back down and then suddenly the truck swings around sideways! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif It rolls over about 4 times before it gets to the bottom of the hill. Luckily, no one was seriously hurt, not even the guy that was sitting in the back seat, with no roof over his head.

Anyone know the owner of this now-famous K5? /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

2. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

You saw this too? I thought I was the only one. I thought that was the same hill that they do the hill climb on in TTC, but I wasn't 100% on it.

3. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Damn I missed it!!
    Sounds like Truck Hill. Could have been 5Fingers but that has been closed for a long while....

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I've seen the vid, it was actually on 5 fingers. The video is pretty old, I saw it over 2 years ago.

How long has 5 fingers been closed!? I haven't been to Hollister in a long time but I hadn't heard that they closed it. Is truck hill as nasty as it used to be? The top of it used to be pretty hairy a few years back. </font color>

5. Burt4x4

Burt4x4 3/4 ton status

Don't realy know how long 5Fingers has been closed or if it still is but the last couple times I've been out there the bottom of it was fenced off. I have not been there sence last June so?????
    I have never tried Truck hill so don't know how it is.

6. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The truck broke an axle - if it is the vid I think you are talking about.

One of the biggest reasons I went to a full-floater diff.