Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a leaking 700r4

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by scrappyk5, Feb 2, 2003.

1. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

i pulled my tranny out of the truck because of a
    leak behind the torque converter. the tranny is doing great
    besides that. i bought a new bushing, gasket, an o ring and a seal for all up front. this should solve my leaking problem. now i really dont wamt to open this up because
    of fear of the automatic tranny, but how hard is it to replace these seals, gaskets, and bushing ? /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

2. slider

slider 1/2 ton status

Pull the torque converter out and you will see the input shaft seal the torque converter seals against. You can also have a front pump seal leaking. Look for where the fluid is coming from. If it is the pump seal it will be leaking where the pump bolts to the tranny. If it is that seal you will need a pump puller or take it to a trans shop and they will change you about 30.00 plus the seal to replace it. Also look at your converter, if it has a grove where the seal rode you might need a new one. A new seal will not work on a converter that is grooved or scored where the seal rides. Bottom line is make sure which seal is bad. You would hate to pull it twice to fix a leaker. Later Slider

3. scrappyk5

scrappyk5 1/2 ton status

thanks , i got all the seals and gaskets , i guess i should let a tranny shop do them all , i have pulling trannies