Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a left-wing nut in walmart.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jekbrown, Mar 17, 2003.

1. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

i was at my local walmart here in vancouver today ordering a replacement contact lense. By chance, I happened to be weaing my old Bush 2000 t-shirt. While i was sitting there placing my order, some guy came up behind me and said "hey, are you wearing that shirt as a joke?". I looked at him a lil weird and said, "no". Then he says, "you actually support that nazi?!!" and walked off. wow. I see a LOT of left-wingers on campus at PSU, and when i wear this shirt some of them give me the "evil eye" but no one has ever just approached me like that. I wish the guy had stuck around, i would have made him look like a fool.

No matter what you think about gee-dub or the war vs Iraq, the whole nazi reference that far-left-wingers like to use is so far outside reality that it really makes whatever arguement they are trying to put forth impossible to advance. I mean, what are the main tenents of nazism? well, racial purity, fascist control of business, expansionism, and totalitarianism. Clearly Bush doesnt have a racist agenda... if he did, Powell and Rice would have never even been considered for their current posts. Second, Bush has always been a firm supporter of lowering taxes on business and deregulation. Third, does ANYONE in their right mind actually think that we are going to make Iraq the 51st state? and lastly, if bush was seeking totalitarian rule, he would have abolished congress and elections already... thats what dictators do... and he hasnt.

It's sad. I really do like talking about political issues with people who have different views... but when said people are so ignorant and base their rhetoric on their own little fantasy world its pretty pointless to even discuss a real issue with them.

anyway, to walmart's credit, the guy helping me at the counter thought the left-winger was a moron too. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

j

2. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It's sad. I really do like talking about political issues with people who have different views... but when said people are so ignorant and base their rhetoric on their own little fantasy world its pretty pointless to even discuss a real issue with them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I second that. People that base their decision on very limited information, or on a friend of a friend's brothers's cousin's past experience type thing tend to irritate me.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

The first ones who get pissed that Bush is doing something in Iraq were the first ones to cry that he didn't do enough to prevent 9/11..... you can't please those people. If something else happens along the lines of a terrorist attack this guy will be crying why didn't Bush stop it again. They want it both ways and cry no matter what because they have no clue period....

4. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

exactly. the really funny thing about the media is that they one tough question they ARENT asking the left-wing is just what exactly THEIR solution to global terrorism is. What do they suggest? What would they do? the media doesnt ask this question... mainly because the left wouldnt do crap. maybe hold some meetings... do some "investigations"... or pass some more resolutions that no one cares about enforcing. I seriously believe that if Gore was in charge, the hunt for bin laden and other international terrorists would be nothing more to the administration than a police matter... with diplomatic ass-kissing all around. thank gawd gore didnt get in...

j

5. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    What would they do?

[/ QUOTE ]

I know exactly what they would do, They would build the Koreans some new nuclear reactors. They would give the Chinese whatever technical info that they need in order to put a missle on our shore. They'ld turn thier back on Iraq for eight years and let them do whatever, ignore the bombings of embasy's, World Trade Centers, and Battleships in Yeman. On top of that they would tie the hands of the CIA so we wouldn't associate with unsavory characters, get blow jobs in the Oval office while ignoring offers to be handed over Osama because they couldn't think of a "legal" reason to capture him. They would over deploy the troops and underfund the military, agree that international welfare in the form of Kyoto is a good idea, send little children back to repressive regimes....

Oh wait, they already did all that. Why are we in this situation today anyway /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif It must be talk radio's fault /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    It must be talk radio's fault

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Corey 78K5

Corey 78K5 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    some guy came up behind me and said "hey, are you wearing that shirt as a joke?". I looked at him a lil weird and said, "no". Then he says, "you actually support that nazi?!!" and walked off.

[/ QUOTE ]
    You should have cought that little hippy bastard and slapped the piss out of his scungy ass. Then let him know how come and why for. You know teach the little peacenik some manners.

8. Leadfoot

Leadfoot 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That fact that these idiots think one man controls a nation gives me the biggest laugh. Gee-dub, Clinton, Carter, Nixon, etc. etc. have been nothing but figure heads for the past 100 years. Their advisors, staff, etc. are the ones that make the policies and decisions, the prez is just the vehicle that is used to deliver it to the masses. Kill the prez and you still have the same administration.

The post about the Dixie Chicks is pretty dam funny too. Just because the prez is from her home state (he had to be born somewhere and so did she) she is ashamed (or whatever words she used). Hey dumbass, you should be ashamed if his advisor's are from Texas not him. He says what they tell him to. It all comes down to the almighty dollar and who and what got you to where you are in your campagning. You think any prez of late had yours or my interests in mind on a day to day basis???? You think when Monica was going down on Clinton he was thinking about the people in East Ass, Kansas (no offense). His staff was busy thinking about their political agenda and that is that. While the prez is busy vacationing at Camp David, who do you think is taking care of the "policies and planning". Even when he (or someday maybe she) is at the white house, they aren't making any decisions (forget about all the movies and tv shows you've seen where the red "bat-phone" rings and they ask the prez to make a last minute do or die decision, that stuff doesn't happen in real life). It's almost as bad as the people who get into fights over who the best WWF wrestler is..............the prez in a way is no different (and gets paid much less)...

Sorry rant over /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif