Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

A letter I got from the Bay Area Air Quality Managment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gokartergo, Mar 22, 2003.

1. gokartergo

gokartergo 3/4 ton status Staff Member Moderator

They want to give me $500.00 for my 77.. I should send them a letter back and say for $500.00 they could have my spare.. The funniest part is. It must pass smog before they'll scrap it.. No wounder our state is going broke..

[​IMG]

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif send them a letter back saying to add a few 000's /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Like everything else in the govt. this is pretty funny. My question to them would be this. If it passes a smog test then why would it polute? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

4. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
    If it passes a smog test then why would it polute?

[/ QUOTE ]

Never thought of that. That's a VERY good point!!!!

5. MOABDADC22

MOABDADC22 1/2 ton status

Have you guys seen that commercial on Comedy Central?? The comedian on there says "I will trade in my SUV for a more economical vehicle when Bush trades in Air Force One..........for a bus pass." /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

6. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Welcome to the republic of Kalifornia. Toss all reason and your rights out at the republic line.
    I love the part about must be in running condition...To me that sounds like they are then going top part the vehicle. Seems to me a running complete vehicle can easily generate $1500. Sounds like a scam to me.
    I also want to know if the amount of polution that vehicle produces over a new vehicle will ever be outweighed by the amount of polution that would be generated to create the new vehicle?

Think about that for a minute.

Electric cars are just remote poluters. It takes electricity to charge them and since most cites the largest single poluter is the local power companies do they help at all or create more polution. Here in Atlanta the Utilities are responsible for something approching 50% of the smog. Cars are less then 20%. I wonder who gets the kick backs from that. Restrictions just keep getting tighter on cars but not on the power company.

7. DUKE

DUKE 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Welcome to the republic of Kalifornia. Toss all reason and your rights out at the republic line.
    I love the part about must be in running condition...To me that sounds like they are then going top part the vehicle. Seems to me a running complete vehicle can easily generate $1500. Sounds like a scam to me.
    I also want to know if the amount of polution that vehicle produces over a new vehicle will ever be outweighed by the amount of polution that would be generated to create the new vehicle?

Think about that for a minute.

Electric cars are just remote poluters. It takes electricity to charge them and since most cites the largest single poluter is the local power companies do they help at all or create more polution. Here in Atlanta the Utilities are responsible for something approching 50% of the smog. Cars are less then 20%. I wonder who gets the kick backs from that. Restrictions just keep getting tighter on cars but not on the power company.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow grim,
    That just flipped my lid, how true. I cant wait for the next vw bus driving hippie to yell at me for my truck and have this debate with them. Usually I cant argue, other than i dont give a damn. Now there is somthing to think about. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif