Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

...a little confused on steering

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Poohbair, Mar 4, 2003.

1. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

(Yes, I tried searching first... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif ) I want to start gathering parts for a xover steering setup. I pretty much know what I need from looking at old posts. What I am a little confused on is I keep reading the term Hi Steer? What is the difference between this and a regular xover and what else parts wise do you need?

2. BorregoK5

BorregoK5 1/2 ton status

The crossover steering setup eliminates the steering box to drivers side draglink which runs front to back and instead with a custom pitman arm off the steering box travels across the truck to the opposite knuckle. A high steer setup moves the bar which connect the two tires (and adjusts toe in / toe out) up above the leaf pack rather than below. The arms on the knuckle for both look similar and the crossover arm on the passenger side usually has a few extra holes to allow for hi steer.

Hows that build of yours coming along? Got the 57's on yet?

3. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I think I sent you some pictures of it didn't I?? I have been driving it every day lately (BBBRRRRR...) I will just go w/ a x over then...as soon as I can gather enough parts for minimal amounts of $$$