Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

a little early but!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by HELLBENT DESIGNS, Apr 6, 2005.

1. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

been itchin to post pics! tube doors :hack: just a prototype, 2-3 days i will have them worked out( hopefully!) here is the specs 2" hrew will fit stock hinges and striker pin. the tubes are further in than sheetmetal. but still a bit outside of door jamb, should they be inside doorjamb? if so they would be a few inches narrower for striker fit. any thoughts? thanks :D

spring swap2 012.jpg

spring swap2 011.jpg

2. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Looks good to me.. like the bends, very nice work. :waytogo:

3. 84CUCV

84CUCV 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I agree very nice work. Iwill buy a set. Mike

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

maybe making them a little lower or the top tube being an arch that points downward? Looks very similar to factory "hang out" and I really must say thats one thing I don't like about the doors on our K rigs.

Eh as I look at my rig it looks better than the stock but not as good as some I've seen.

5. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

very nice. One of the things I like about it is the bottom bar by the floor that would make it easy to convert them into "soft half doors" if someone wanted to make them a bit more civilized (ie less windy) when driving on the street. Some stainless snaps and a couple yards of boat-top material and you'd be set.

It would probably be best if they didn't tuck to far inside the body though... I have dragged my tube doors on big old tree stumps and junk and the way mine are they sorta stick out in the back so stuff just slides down the door and then past the body. If they were tucked in to much the same obstacle would drag down the tube and then get lodged between the tube door and the body... could get ugly as far as body damage goes... from there. Something to think about.

j

6. HELLBENT DESIGNS

HELLBENT DESIGNS 1/2 ton status

yeah i didn't want them out as far as the stock doors but also not in where the stock door panel would be. i also didn't want any vertical supports to hang up on. :D

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005